Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Seems people in Iowa, have a lot of time on their hands! So sue me!
You have not damaged me therefore I have no standing to sue you. I simply replied to your comment. I am a land owner and have no need of a landlord. I am a supporter of all liberty, not just those that I cherish. I believe that a landlord should be able to rent and evict at will, but that is not the law in most places. Not my idea, but they didn't ask me.

It seems those in CA also have ample free time.

This assumption seems a bit premature to me. Sweden did not lock down it's population and it's death toll is currently the highest per capita in Europe, but since the virus is still active, we will not know the true success rate of either strategy for quite some time. I'm certain that Sweden's economy has not been devastated due to the low number of COVID-19 deaths.

The death rate is still low. Cardiovascular disease and cancer kill more folks than anything else, yet we do not prohibit what causes these things. The logic does not bare the action. I do not want to have a heart attack so I watch my food intake, I do not smoke because it is a carcinogen, I use hand sanitizer while out in public to reduce the chances of getting infected. The government does not have to mandate any of this. People have free will and they can do what they believe is right, no one is preventing that.
Do what you want. You will anyway. But look around you. Very few of those masks are protecting people who think this is all an overblown plan to coerce them into giving up their rights. Even fewer are hiding "mice" blindly following their leaders' instructions. What most of those masks protect are people who don't want to take the chance of losing a loved one, or a coworker, or of being responsible for making someone else lose the same.

Will the precautions hurt our economy? Yeah, probably for some time, but history has proven that our economy has bounced back from downturns and depressions of all magnitudes. It always does. It's the way We The People, as both a nation and as individual citizens, are built. We won't stay down.

Will wearing a mask hurt our rights? Which rights? The one where you can go out in public without looking funny to others, or the one where you have a right to protection from someone who doesn't know they're spreading a virus? You can go to work, just wear the mask. You can go the store, wear a mask. Requiring you to wear a mask isn't protecting your rights, anyway. It's the part that requires everyone else BUT you that protects YOUR right ... the right to LIVE! Not wearing a mask means that you think YOUR rights are more important than mine ... and that is just plain selfish.

Will the precautions help? Well, masks could have prevented three coach bus drivers from contracting the virus. The transportation shut/slow-down got those same three drivers out of circulation before they showed symptoms ... symptoms of a disease that they didn't yet know they carried, that showed no signs until they suddenly couldn't breathe ... symptoms of a disease that they would have passed along to every one of the 55 passengers who rode their buses twice a day ... and every one of those people's work contacts and family members. Those three, healthy, middle-aged men are not hypothetical test examples. They're real people. Two of them are now dead. The third just came off of two-plus months of ventilator life-support.

Okay, I was going to wrap this up, but I just took a gander at another post ... and a Time Warp calls ...

It is not my responsibility to ensure you are healthy, and I should not be restrained because you are not healthy. Chronic Health Conditions include mood disorders, so if it is only half, they are probably under counting. Last I checked, being bipolar did not contribute to COVID mortality. According to recent studies, the lockdown orders has resulted in more mood disorders, so we pay Peter by taking from Paul. Who gets chastised for causing those chronic health issues?

For those that are not healthy, stay at home, wear a mask, take vitamins or whatever makes you feel better, but don't expect the rest of us to play along just because you are worried about you. It is not like anyone is searching out the at risk and coughing on them. The term "misery loves company" seems applicable here.

You don't expect others to give up anything, but you are disheartened when they don't? How does that work?

Okay, I get it, now. "Misery Loves Company" applies? As in, "Sucks to be you, deal with it, I've got my own life to live?" Well, here's a new flash, "Self-Righteous Egotism Loves Company, too." It's all about Number One. Your health is good, so you shouldn't have to worry about anyone else's. That's THEIR problem, not yours. They're what's wrong with the world anyway, right? Because if everyone made the same logical decisions you do ... as in, if everyone thought and acted the way YOU think is right - none of this would be a problem? And "By Gum, if they don't know what's right for them, I'm gonna shove it down their throats, because they don't belong in my way, anyway."

SURPRISE FOLKS! It looks like we have another troll! Holy Cow, people DO love to bait us! I'm off to bigger and better things, tonight. Let our troll go back under the bridge from whence it came ...
Y'all have a good one ... I'm gonna go have some ice cream to celebrate DD's graduation!!

Think I’m going to enjoy some fresh air because this back and forth is not something that settles with me. Hope everyone can enjoy their day. Garden, grab a book, and do something nice for your neighbor.
Great Idea! And on a brighter note, I took your advice on rewriting my ad for the Asians ... I've had three bites, so far. DD priced them according to the online Hatchery rates for started pullets, minus a discount and no shipping charges. We can meet anyone up to an hour away.

Two people are definitely interested, but "not quite ready." One woman thought that the birds should be free, for "adoption," not sale. She finally offered me five dollars each - for three-month-old production-bred layers! For that price, she could get two purebred chicks at TSC, and I told her that. Her response was a scathing, "Oh, that takes too long and it's too much work." I told her that chicks are actually easier to care for than grown chickens, and she came back with, "Those set-ups are too expensive when you're only going to use it once."
Really? Five bucks for a nearly grown pullet, eight weeks from POL? Zheesh! For that, I'll grow them out and sell the eggs, myself! Ya gotta laugh! But at least now there's hope that I'll be able to sell them ... for more than $5 apiece!

Great Idea! And on a brighter note, I took your advice on rewriting my ad for the Asians ... I've had three bites, so far. DD priced them according to the online Hatchery rates for started pullets, minus a discount and no shipping charges. We can meet anyone up to an hour away.

Two people are definitely interested, but "not quite ready." One woman thought that the birds should be free, for "adoption," not sale. She finally offered me five dollars each - for three-month-old production-bred layers! For that price, she could get two purebred chicks at TSC, and I told her that. Her response was a scathing, "Oh, that takes too long and it's too much work." I told her that chicks are actually easier to care for than grown chickens, and she came back with, "Those set-ups are too expensive when you're only going to use it once."
Really? Five bucks for a nearly grown pullet, eight weeks from POL? Zheesh! For that, I'll grow them out and sell the eggs, myself! Ya gotta laugh! But at least now there's hope that I'll be able to sell them ... for more than $5 apiece!
I do pullets depending on their looks $10+. I have just been selling chicks and those are $5+

Just be patient they will come. And what setup is too expensive? A heat bulb and storage bin. That’s like $20 tops. I can’t handle people 😂

I would buy from DD in a heartbeat, rather than hatcheries, or anyone else, (if I could)

Back
Top Bottom