Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

My Chinabator holds 96 eggs. It was full when I set it. Took some out after candling. The top floor has lots of chicks that need to come out soon. The bottom had only one hatch last check, but I think it must be cooler so they may be delayed. Need to empty out the two bathroom brooders today.

My Amazing Graduate. I am SOOOOO Proud of this young lady!

SR_Diploma1.jpg
GradPorch1.jpg
SR_SkyeTreat.jpg

My Chinabator holds 96 eggs. It was full when I set it. Took some out after candling. The top floor has lots of chicks that need to come out soon. The bottom had only one hatch last check, but I think it must be cooler so they may be delayed. Need to empty out the two bathroom brooders today.
JEALOUS!!!!!

Where did you buy it

Even though I'm not on here often, I do think of you all. I hope all are well!
I can never fully catch up on all of the posts. LOL I try, but I miss so many pages of convos.

In chicken/duck news three out of five of my ducks are drakes :-/ so I will be rehoming them. Both of my Blue Swedish are drakes, and one of my three Cayuga's is a drake.

I had two known roos, and today I discovered that one of my favorite chickens (EE the one in my profile pic), that I thought was a pullet, is in fact a roo. I vowed to keep that one regardless, but I was hoping he/she would be a hen.
With the older ones (3.5 months old) and the babies, I have 47 chickens total. Four known roo's, one more possible roo. Plus who knows if/how many more will turn out to be roos. I have some Russian Orloff's and a few others that are going to be hard to tell until they lay eggs or start crowing. (Which is how I found out my EE was a roo. LOL

I will be giving a few pullets to a neighbor down the street who lost her barn in a fire recently, that killed most of her chickens, her barn cat, and she lost all of her horse feed, her tractor, and a truck, along with all of her and her daughter's horse tack.
I gave her some leftover tack that I had from my Dad. I inherited his property, and I still have some remaining tack from the estate sale.

The weather here (eastern WA, I'm east of Spokane) has been crazy. The past two days have been mid to high 80's and humid (usually pretty dry here, then last night we had a major thunder/lightening storm roll in (central WA was to get it worst). I haven't seen t-storms that big since I was in Colorado, 18 years ago. There were some pretty big rumbles, some I waited to see if it was actually a quake. At least the downpour all night prevented fires, as far as I know.
Today's high is supposed to be 64, with intermittent showers, and still windy.

I have been wondering if I could keep one of the drakes. Do any of you successfully keep a drake with a large chicken flock? Do the roosters keep the drake in line and away from the hens, or is it a bad idea to even consider?
I'd love the idea of hatching some ducklings with my two hens. If it's not a good idea, I won't, but if it's possible, I'd be happy to keep one of the drakes. So far everyone is doing pretty good together, but I know for sure I won't be keeping all three drakes.

I suppose I should do something productive. This week is split days off, so I have a lot to do in one day.

Back
Top Bottom