Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I had a white plastic 55gal berrel break a while back and looked at it as a "oh well, that's recycle now..... Then as I was carrying it to the staging area for the next recycling run I realized I could slice it in half top-to-bottom and give them a sand tub finally with the bags of playsand I got last fall..... They have used it but, the next upgrade is the old 70's pistachio green bathtub. It will be their really big sand bathtub soon enough. I'll update pics when I do it in the next week or so. That and the doggy door to the small backyard too.....

Odd trivia. The only real extra investment into the coop has been a couple boxes of construction screws. Everything else has been repurposed scrap from the build, "stickers" from Lowe's lumber dept.(these aren't sold.) They are either trashed or occasionally a supplier gets a couple pallets of them to reuse.
The tub is from our Lakehouse that's over 1/2 way done with the remodeling.

Odd trivia. The only real extra investment into the coop has been a couple boxes of construction screws. Everything else has been repurposed scrap from the build, "stickers" from Lowe's lumber dept.(these aren't sold.) They are either trashed or occasionally a supplier gets a couple pallets of them to reuse.
The tub is from our Lakehouse that's over 1/2 way done with the remodeling.
We like reusing stuff. My husband always finds amazing things from contractors he knows.

Before the covid-19-mare I would occasionally wander through the REstore that our local Habitat for Humanity has and find amazing nuggets every now and then.... Some have been documented in the coop build thread. (Snickers)
The habitat for humanity store by me doesn't have building stuff, mainly furniture. :confused:

Before the covid-19-mare I would occasionally wander through the REstore that our local Habitat for Humanity has and find amazing nuggets every now and then.... Some have been documented in the coop build thread. (Snickers)
I need to go thrift shopping once we are able to. I like finding books and stuff.

The habitat for humanity store by me doesn't have building stuff, mainly furniture. :confused:
Get on the phone with them. Let them know about the Denton,Tx location and the fact that it's not the only one in Texas either. It's a wonderful resource for the community! I have also donated stuff to them over the last few years.... (Giggles) they will be getting a few dated but functional ceiling fans in the next week or so, once I stop by to see if they are gonna oopen up yet (or if they already have).... I might have a few other things too.

Get on the phone with them. Let them know about the Denton,Tx location and the fact that it's not the only one in Texas either. It's a wonderful resource for the community! I have also donated stuff to them over the last few years.... (Giggles) they will be getting a few dated but functional ceiling fans in the next week or so, once I stop by to see if they are gonna oopen up yet (or if they already have).... I might have a few other things too.
He he TX is 14 hrs away.

So Habitat for humanity is a Nationwide organization and if your local one know about this one doing "that" then you could ask them why don't they and the other ones in the state *You live in*. That is what I meant by get on the phone to *them*. Not my local store. (Giggles) just one tidbit.... I research to make sure you knew what cities had other ReStores and that way you could say with confidence on the phone when you mentioned their sites and the construction projects in different areas that would be very good partners.....
A local small mom & pop motel had a renovation and they donated all the furniture from the rooms and the lobby and stuff. Some neat stuff. Just FYI.

Back
Top Bottom