Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

He also wants you to care about others and respect your government.

You don’t breathe in CO2 when you wear a mask 🙄 Please stop spreading false facts.
Incorrect Ma'am.

Wearing a mask CAN increase the levels of CO2 that you breath and more importantly it can reduce the amount of O2. Hypercapnia (carbon dioxide toxicity) is a serious and real medical possibility. As a former athlete working for the US Strength and Conditioning Association, we tested many a person with various limitations on breathing to determine athletic performance.

It was scientifically proven that high levels of co2 caused often times by low levels of o2 cause the dangerous Hypercapnia. It is medical and scientific fact. And this was way back in the 1980's.

Do what you want to do or feel obligated to do. Me, sorry, but no masks for me!

It is true that rebreathed air has more carbon dioxide in it than regular air. However, it evidently still has plenty of oxygen in it in order to be safe to breathe. You're blowing into a person's lungs when you perform CPR -- you're pushing air that you have already breathed into them, and it still works. It isn't harmful in the slightest -- there isn't enough carbon dioxide to cause issues, and there is enough oxygen to sustain life.
Correct!

However, sustainability is not what we strive for daily in our jobs or activites. Performance is key for most blue collar "neck down" type jobs where you use your muscles, your bones your strength and your respiratory system. Reduced O2 and Increase CO2 can lead to some very bad mamajamma if you are involved in dangerous physical activity.

No Masks! I choose freedom and performance!

Allow me to be the bearer of bad news...NO ONE IS GETTING OUT OF THIS ALIVE! :eek:

Yes, its true! Everyone will die.

And since everyone eventually dies...

In the US according to the CDC the following are the most common causes of death;

• Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
I will not live like a tied goat!
The question is: When do you want to die? How long do you want to live as healthily as possible, enjoying your life as much as you can?
I have Type 1 diabetes. This puts me at an increased risk of dying as a result of the coronavirus. I appreciate the steps that other people take to prevent the spread of the virus, even if the fact that my risk is greater isn't making me freak out every time that I go out.
Coronavirus won't necessarily kill me if I catch it -- I understand that. It probably won't, considering the facts that I have no other complications stemming from my condition, am young, and have taken good care of myself.
However, the risk is still there for me, and the risk is most certainly there for other people who are not as healthy as I am, or who have other complications.
Even if you are healthy, even if you hardly ever get sick, the virus can still kill other people.

(I apologize ahead of time for the book ... there's a lot going on ... )

I'm with you, there! Now we have the Independence Day celebrations ... beach parties ... family pool parties ... new graduates finally comfortable enough to have delayed graduation parties ... concerts ... really? CONCERTS? Are these people certifiably NUTS?
Florida is close to lockdown again. I have cousins who live in Myrtle Beach. It's not official, but they fully anticipate lockdown again, too, but AFTER the Fourth. It seems the businesses need to get their money's worth - and a hard-core lesson in consequences - first.

I'm having a real problem with the whole back-to-work scenario. I'm a full time substitute teacher, and I have contact with many. many students from four different schools. Two of them are elementary. Even if we do go back full time in September (which I don't anticipate,) I'm having an existential crisis over returning to the job I absolutely love. The best part of my work is the hugs I get from the little ones. They're always so excited to see me - and I LOVE the open affection. The thought of having to stop them, mid-run, chokes me up. It's already happening when I see them around town. The older ones start to come to me, then remember and stop, with an awful look on their faces. The little ones - on the rare occasion that they're out and about - simply don't understand.

So - with all that in mind, I've had to make a life-changing decision. Covid forced me out of my beloved role, so I'm going to try to use Covid to get a new one. Tomorrow, I start online training to become a Covid Tracker. There's no guarantee of a job, but lots of opportunities. I'm hoping that my people skills and my motivational background in Scouting will give me an edge.

Here's where you all come in, please. It's a self-paced program - which I'm usually good with ... but it's also a start-when-ready program ... which I am NOT good with at all. I'm one of those who talks a good game and will finish what I start ... but getting started is a challenge, and if I get side-tracked (Oh Look ... a BUTTERFLY!) I can have a hard time re-starting.
So, if I could ask, please hold me accountable for starting and finishing this class. And if you would ... a few prayers of encouragement for this drastic life-change would be very, very welcome ...
Great! I think you have the perfect experience to be a great case tracker. You already know so many people in the community and have done leadership with the Scouts!

Did you start yet, at least by looking a bit around the website?

I’m cheering you on in this new endeavor! If you use Google contacts or something similar, that list will surely grow by tracing cases and all the people with whom they have been in contact! Just think about collecting all those new friends and acquaintances, even if just by telephone and online!

And, please -- we are not here to talk about politics! Please leave the government out of this! What one person may see as the truth may be entirely false to another person -- preaching "the truth" about politics is a recipe for a mess and an argument, one which the very friendly staff here at BYC will have to clean up.

The question is: When do you want to die? How long do you want to live as healthily as possible, enjoying your life as much as you can?
I have Type 1 diabetes. This puts me at an increased risk of dying as a result of the coronavirus. I appreciate the steps that other people take to prevent the spread of the virus, even if the fact that my risk is greater isn't making me freak out every time that I go out.
Coronavirus won't necessarily kill me if I catch it -- I understand that. It probably won't, considering the facts that I have no other complications stemming from my condition, am young, and have taken good care of myself.
However, the risk is still there for me, and the risk is most certainly there for other people who are not as healthy as I am, or who have other complications.
Even if you are healthy, even if you hardly ever get sick, the virus can still kill other people.
SS

I know Type 1 very well! My wife of 34 years is a 59 year old Type 1 Diabetic! She has never worn a mask either. And she is a former distance runner and trainer who has learned to live with Type 1 her whole life. (I keep bugging her to get the pump but the stubborn ole gal likes managing her T1D the old fashioned way! But she recently went to the Freestyle Libre Pro sensor system and loves it!)

While you Type1's are certainly at risk for many for things than us who have working pancreases, common sense and the ability to breathe freely are important to maintaining quality of everyday lving.

But to answer your question "When do I want to die"?

I've told our Sons, the first time that they have to wipe my ass because I am too feeble or sick to do it myself, and my doc says I have a critical illness, please take me to my cabin, give me my Bible, a bottle of Bourbon and all the opiods that my doc has prescribed. Feed me a good steak if I am able and kiss me goodbye.

Check back in a few weeks and cremate me and spread the ashes near my chickens and garden. Have a party where everyone wears Hawaiin Flowerdy shirts and laughs about my big ole quirky ways.

I expect a stern talking to from My Lord and Savior upon arrival in Heaven, but HE and I have it worked out if you know what I mean!

Your friend,

Reddogmaster2 :thumbsup

And, please -- we are not here to talk about politics! Please leave the government out of this! What one person may see as the truth may be entirely false to another person -- preaching "the truth" about politics is a recipe for a mess and an argument, one which the very friendly staff here at BYC will have to clean up.

Agree that politics is off limits. It wsnt me was it?

Thanks

I assure you, no tyrannical bureaucrat will EVER fine me or force me to wear a dang mask. NEVER!
People, you have to live and quit listening to the lying news media!
Okay, the "government" comment was incorrect on my part, I apologize -- however, the things about the bureaucrats and the news media are still quite... controversial.
Another apology, I suppose that the "politics" comment was incorrect, as well -- very sorry.
But please, stay away from the controversial topics such as these in the future.
Good health to you and your family, and Happy Fourth.

Okay, the "government" comment was incorrect on my part, I apologize -- however, the things about the bureaucrats and the news media are still quite... controversial.
Another apology, I suppose that the "politics" comment was incorrect, as well -- very sorry.
But please, stay away from the controversial topics such as these in the future.
Good health to you and your family, and Happy Fourth.
Good health to you as well and keep those carbs low today!

Very interesting about the masks. I've actually NEVER worn one!

I also don't sneeze, cough or violate any body's space or shake hands, haven't for many years now. And very people violate my space. Being a large heavily muscled bald headed goatee wearing upper middle age man has its plusses!

I recently got tested for COVID and found that I have the anti-bodies which is great. My doc said that all these people that have avoided people, wearing masks constantly and constantly cleaning themselves may find it hard for their bodies to fight the disease or build up anti-bodies.

Our Lord and Savior knew what he was doing when he made our immune system, and white blood cells are A-OK in my book!

People, you have to live and quit listening to the lying news media!

God Bless and Happy Independence Day! (Our Brilliant Founding Fathers would be horrified at the amount of freedoms some people have gladly given up!)

I am mainly referring to those people that are throwing tantrums out there.
In my city, it's mandatory to wear face coverings; many businesses have signs posted at the door.
While I agree with the mandate, I am certainly not too concerned with whether someone is wearing one or not, for as long as I'm protecting myself... which is the point of wearing one in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom