Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I love that 25-30 minutes is “practically right around the corner” to you 😂🤣 that is soooo far to me 😂🤣

Ours are like 10-15 minutes away, faster if I speed 😂🤣

Which I don’t. Anymore. Just sayin’. 😂🙈
It's a good thing you added that tiny footnote ... and that I still have good eyes. Otherwise, we'd be opening a good, ol' fashioned can of Whoopa$$ right about now!

Oh and we have basic stores like groceries, gas stations, banks, fast food, literally like 2 minutes down the street too 😂🤣 but it doesn’t feel developed cause by us it’s really not lol
It's more built up around me than it sounds, it's just lots of smaller places, not big shopping centers & such. I live on the very outer edge of a very small town (three streets wide ... literally) but we're almost exactly halfway between Phillie & Baltimore, so "Big City" stuff is WAY too close. We have one TSC within 15 minutes (not the one I like, of course!) and a Wally World close enough to be a nuisance to the small Mom-n-Pop stores in town. Our county has no major stores or malls. The closest are 40 min and an hour away - but one of those is overwhelmingly massive. That's pretty much a required, once-a-year Christmas trip for me ... after all, the REAL Santa actually comes there for pictures!

Hey, is anyone having issues with Isaias? He's expected to come knocking on my back door sometime in the next 24 hours ... literally. Geographically, My house is the high point, here in town. The flood surges come up my back lot and plays in the field directly behind my garage. It's pretty impressive. My main floor pretty much stays dry, but if we lose power or get too much rain, my below-grade basement (root cellar dug out and concreted in) tends to develop a bit a "flow" heading towards the sump. As much as I love my nearly 100-year-old house, it's times like these that I really HATE having interior french drains in the basement! After dinner (shortly) we're going down to make sure everything on the floor is in a tub (should be okay, except for DS' model train stuff) and the drains are swept clear. Might have to double check to make sure the sump is working, too, and not hooked up to the dead breaker. Again, I LOVE my old house. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ... ya'll may just have to remind me about that after tomorrow ...

It's more built up around me than it sounds, it's just lots of smaller places, not big shopping centers & such. I live on the very outer edge of a very small town (three streets wide ... literally) but we're almost exactly halfway between Phillie & Baltimore, so "Big City" stuff is WAY too close. We have one TSC within 15 minutes (not the one I like, of course!) and a Wally World close enough to be a nuisance to the small Mom-n-Pop stores in town. Our county has no major stores or malls. The closest are 40 min and an hour away - but one of those is overwhelmingly massive. That's pretty much a required, once-a-year Christmas trip for me ... after all, the REAL Santa actually comes there for pictures!
Oh wow!! We have tons of shopping places near here haha well the one near me is technically small stuff but we also have a mall like 5 minutes away and a big outdoor shopping center with lots of big name stores and restaurants and stuff right down the street from that.

Those are very similar to the ones I make. She must be mass producing them at that price. Anything under $10 barely covers materials and 20-30 minutes to make them. Though I use higher quality quilting cottons so my materials probably cost more than hers.
Hey, is anyone having issues with Isaias? He's expected to come knocking on my back door sometime in the next 24 hours ... literally. Geographically, My house is the high point, here in town. The flood surges come up my back lot and plays in the field directly behind my garage. It's pretty impressive. My main floor pretty much stays dry, but if we lose power or get too much rain, my below-grade basement (root cellar dug out and concreted in) tends to develop a bit a "flow" heading towards the sump. As much as I love my nearly 100-year-old house, it's times like these that I really HATE having interior french drains in the basement! After dinner (shortly) we're going down to make sure everything on the floor is in a tub (should be okay, except for DS' model train stuff) and the drains are swept clear. Might have to double check to make sure the sump is working, too, and not hooked up to the dead breaker. Again, I LOVE my old house. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ... ya'll may just have to remind me about that after tomorrow ...
I was just thinking yesterday that you are going to get a lot of water up there!! We might have some localized flooding from the outer bands, maybe some winds, but otherwise should fare ok. I really hope the storm fizzles out before it hits your area!
Old houses. Yup, gotta love them.
No french drains in the last house, but on a nice hill. Somehow still managed to get a flooded basement every so often and days of scooping, sponging up, squeegying, and running fans for a week. *sigh*
I do not miss having a wet spider filled dungeon, I mean basement. I miss the extra space, but not everything else that came with it.

MROO-here in mid state NY we are expecting lots of storms 40mph winds and flooding in low spots. We are on a hill, just expect a stormy day. Today our power went off 4 different times--our whole area for no apparent reason. Take care tomorrow!
DS just found out that our sump pump is on the blown circuit breaker. He's downstairs at the moment, wiring a splitter so we can keep it running tomorrow.
I'm already rethinking the "I love my old house" line ...

Back
Top Bottom