Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Me too! My daughter had a bad day after her second shot but then hers was Pfizer. She described it as feeling as if her muscles were trying to tear one another apart. Still, she was grateful to be vaccinated and delighted to hear our turn had come up.

She will be approaching her maximum immunity in the coming week. YAY!!!!!!

I don't remember ever having had chicken pox, although I am old enough that they say everyone got it. Had plenty of colds and tonsillitis as a kid probably because my mother smoked in the house. Had tonsils out at age 6.

The only vaccine that I really react to is the tetanus shot, probably because I have had a number of them after stuff like bicycle wrecks.

Very little reaction to stuff like annual flu shots, yellow fever vaccination, rabies prophylaxis for travelers, etc. Mild reaction to MMR of which I had an extra because of college campus measles years ago.

Too funny, Ruthster. I had my tonsils out at 6 too. I think I had them out pretty much because the older daughter of one of my mother's friends (I didn't even know the girl) was having hers out so my mother arranged to have mine out so she had company in the hospital.

My impression was everyone had all the "childhood diseases" because when they made the rounds all the mothers got everyone exposed at the same time to get it over with.

I don't know if my mother's social circle was typical or not but, in retrospect, it seems they sure had a strange philosophy about public health!

OTOH, they were completely paranoid about polio and I knew kids who practically grew up in shrink wrap.

Too funny, Ruthster. I had my tonsils out at 6 too. I think I had them out pretty much because the older daughter of one of my mother's friends (I didn't even know the girl) was having hers out so my mother arranged to have mine out so she had company in the hospital.

My impression was everyone had all the "childhood diseases" because when they made the rounds all the mothers got everyone exposed at the same time to get it over with.

I don't know if my mother's social circle was typical or not but, in retrospect, it seems they sure had a strange philosophy about public health!

OTOH, they were completely paranoid about polio and I knew kids who practically grew up in shrink wrap.
Polio was being eradicated when I was little (I took the sugar cube with the red juice on it). However, talked with someone who grew up a few years earlier and his parents were paranoid.

Yeah - my mom wanted me to have a tonsils-out friend. I have long lost track of that hospital roommate.

I'd like my body telling me that it was reacting to the vaccine just a bit more.
Do you usually have reactions to the flu shot?
Little to no reaction to the flu shot.
There ya go then!

I don't remember ever having had chicken pox, although I am old enough that they say everyone got it.
My mother tried to expose me as a kid, didn't work.
I did have measles and mumps as a kid.
I caught CP from my kids when I was 30.

Chicken pox, lol, they don't even get it anymore do they? Remember our oldest (22 now...where does time go..)when she had to have the shot called it the "polka dot shot" :lol:
I had it bad when I was 4, actually remember it. Had a couple I couldn't stop itching on my chest up by my shoulder still have the scars from it one about the size of a quarter and other little smaller than a dime.

I got a award from work (many also did I wasn't only one)
Laminated award stating I had perfect attendance during the year of covid. Got a free day in lieu.
DW had to be funny, put it on the fridge, took a pic, had ready to post on FB "kids 'all virtual learning' haven't had anything, awards to put on the fridge, but Daddy has"
Don't you dare post that :mad:
She didn't just F n g with me but I guess pretty funny lol :gig

Curious, sourland. Do you remember what your reaction to chicken pox was when you were a kid? It's purely anecdotal, of course, but when I was a kid I had very little adverse reaction. Itchy bumps to be sure but at the time I thought the whole thing was a great lark. Later, when I got shingles it was an itchy, burny PITA but NOT what other people's agonized shingles reaction seems to be. And, with this Moderna injection, I'm having very little reaction as well.

It may be that some of us are simply less reactive to this or some family of viruses. I know I've done all the running around for my family. I've masked up and gone through antiseptic wipes but I've hardly been what you might call diligent or scrupulous and I haven't been infected yet. Sometimes it surprises me but then I've always given my immune system its proper workout and am more subject to the diseases of an over reactive immune system: asthma, psoriasis, etc.

Again, purely anecdotal but possibly of passing interest.
I got Chicken Pox twice in my youth.1st time I was ~9-10y/o... 2nd time I was ~12 iirc? both ichy as all get out. (smirks) to use a phrase from my Better-half to describe me back then: "I was a hot mess." during both events.

Back
Top Bottom