Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

It is interesting that you say the UNAM has been working on that, I will look into it. And you do make a point about chickenpox, thank you for pointing it out. I'm not for masks and isolation, I am for hygiene, the reality is I like hugs from family or friend, but in Mexico basically everyone, even people you've just met for the first time expect a hug and a kiss.
I appreciate everyone's opinion on the matter because some have more contact with people in certain fields. I believe that the worst problem now a days is miscommunication or misinformation, and the only way to battle it is to talk and share.

I don't have access to a lot of Mexican research being in the US. You can probably find out more about it where you live. It's certainly been talked about for a long time.

Personally I know about 3 doctors, several nurses, and I don't even know how many others in various biomedical fields personally. All the ones in healthcare got their shots. All of them. So I'll get mine.

Ugh, I would hate dealing with that. I have only been to Mexico once and didn't experience that but I was a tourist. :hmm I 100% expect my experience as a tourist was catered to more USA/UK comfort levels. It was beautiful and fascinating being there though. Only time I've been able to be out of the country before.

Anyone from NY?
I am, but not NYC, I live in the state, not the city, the state, upstate pretty much two different places. Hard to explain to those that haven't been here.
That vid you posted I could post many just like it, is it or those I could post factual or not? IDK? But they are out there.
NY has been the worst on covid IMHO, one of the worst for death numbers, and our governor wrote a book on how well he did...media here praised him. He received a international Emmy for his covid briefings... while NY'rs were dying at a rate more than most the country.
Our media "news" here in the USA has a approval rating/trust at all time lows,
  • 9% in U.S. trust mass media "a great deal" and 31% "a fair amount"
  • 27% have "not very much" trust and 33% "none at all"

Much better to look at raw numbers IMO. Mass media can be a lot of things. If they report a raw number from a good source or specific quote, I'll take it as real. But they're also run by executives and click seekers and sensationalists. I'm SO tired of words like "slammed" or "perfectly shamed" or "clapped back" or whatever.

My Grandma made what she called a brown cow with vanilla and chocolate swirl ice cream and cocola. Those were the best ever!
Ahhhh yes, the brown cow... Yours sounds more like a "tan" cow as a swirl. I'm used to it straight up chocolate ice cream... Or a 2nd back up, bunches of chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream...

I live in fear of the untested vaccine and the side affects. I hope it is not mandated. All
I am, but not NYC, I live in the state, not the city, the state, upstate pretty much two different places. Hard to explain to those that haven't been here.
That vid you posted I could post many just like it, is it or those I could post factual or not? IDK? But they are out there.
NY has been the worst on covid IMHO, one of the worst for death numbers, and our governor wrote a book on how well he did...media here praised him. He received a international Emmy for his covid briefings... while NY'rs were dying at a rate more than most the country.
Our media "news" here in the USA has a approval rating/trust at all time lows,
  • 9% in U.S. trust mass media "a great deal" and 31% "a fair amount"
  • 27% have "not very much" trust and 33% "none at all"
to be honest guys I don’t know who to believe any more as far as media. We have turned it all off. I am on chicken groups and that’s it. I have no plan to get a vaccine because if the questionable additives in it. I am afraid to go to the doctor to get the Covid test for fear of being in some future group moved to a camp somewhere. Done with politics after the voting scams. There is no reason to vote as long as those machines are in use and the same people are running the elections. I feel like Covid is a man made virus and was used as a political move to put fear into people so we would accept the new political push to one world order. and it worked I am now afraid thanks to the social media and the news. And the only thing we look forward to these days is getting more chickens and a trip to the feed store every two weeks.

You know, if you don't wanna be seen as an anti-vaxxer shill, it really helps to share information that isn't anti-vaxxing reports directly from anti-vaxxing sources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Ivandjiiski
That article is from this investment banker with a lifetime ban from insider trading whose ex employee said "These two guys, who live a lifestyle you only dream of, are pretending to speak for you." and were encouraged to lie publicly for views.
(Ope, and there it is "the site has been labeled by some as having a pro-Russian bias, and also point to editorial on Krassimir's Strogo Sekretno website as support ". Man I wonder why someone pro-russia could be spreading misinformation in the USA... Where have we seen that before...)

He's quoting TWEETS from this covid hoaxer who is known for writing a book "earning denunciations from many in the scientific and medical communities (including a committee member on a report cited in the book) for its sensationalistic and misleading content.".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Berenson

The bulk of that "article" is, again, a youtube video - this time a Joe Rogan one. But this time it has tweets too.

Don't you have ANYTHING from epidemiologists that are respected on the national stage?
I was just wondering why you feel the need to be so rude? Its just not needed or helpful

Soon we are having our first birthday party at our place in over a year! (I was quarantining from this thing before it was cool 😉). It so nice to have some normalcy around here. It will be great to see some faces we havent in a while.

I was just wondering why you feel the need to be so rude? Its just not needed or helpful

Neither is sharing anti-vaxxing propaganda.

A lot of us here have been struggling with Covid. We have friends who are doctors watching people die every day. Many of us have had it in our homes. People we know have died. People we know are still getting sick. People we know are at risk. Bodies are getting stacked in trucks outside hospitals. Patients are getting put in gift shops because there's no beds. 2 out of every 5 Americans live next to a hospital with no capacity. Our nation is in a crisis.

This person has consistently refused to show compassion in the face of that. Additionally they refuse to follow moderator requests to not engage in the thread if you find Coronavirus to not be a serious issue. Instead they have posted a LOT of anti vaccine rhetoric, dogwhistles, and propaganda straight from Russia. Almost every article or quote or website has had ties specifically to anti vaccine extremists, and not about just this vaccine but groups that oppose ALL vaccines. They've lied straight to our faces about public research on the vaccine being unavailable and even statements about things they've posted earlier in the thread. And some of their behavior has followed patterns of abuse and gaslighting which are deliberately manipulative and I've been trained to spot. They have been given MANY opportunities to engage civly. Most of those posts have been removed by mods, so I understand if it all seems rather out of nowhere. But some haven't.

Most social media websites have chosen to flag or remove people and posts who behave this way. The old way of managing this was the marketplace of ideas where people would refute false information publicly. Byc doesn't have the tools those large websites have. I will, forever and ever, combat false information.

There's a far, far cry between being kinda worried about a vaccine and posting dangerous lies deliberately in the face of people who are dying. They could opt to just not do those things at any time. But until then I'm not obligated to treat people who behave in that way nicely and I will call a stone a stone.

Back
Top Bottom