Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I doubt there will be any outbreaks. I trust the vaccine.
I do too, mostly.
But none of them are 100%, some rather less.
Not everyone has been fully vaccinated.

Restaurant by me is closed because of an outbreak , according to the news.... but so far it was just spread to customers, employees and their families
Just?!
That could include to dozens of people and spiral out to many more.
Any word on their status(vaccinated or not)?

I do too, mostly.
But none of them are 100%, some rather less.
Not everyone has been fully vaccinated.

Just?!
That could include to dozens of people and spiral out to many more.
Any word on their status(vaccinated or not)?
No info was given on how many or vac status. Was on the news for one day. I think they didn't play it up more because the state is going to relax restrictions Friday. ..or it was just a couple of people that quarantined

The whole world has been upside down for far too long. Still is pretty messed up on the manufacturing front. Start of this thread what, over a yr ago now, I work at a dairy plant billions of gallons of milk dumped every month just in our state.
Even today still happening just less frequently. Talking to truck drivers delivering to our plant same thing happening other places they go. Orders are in, demand there, milk delivered, plant at a stand still because they can't get packaging materials. No cups or jugs to put it in.
Same thing going on with most other industries.
Sure you've all heard about the computer chip shortage on vehicles, they're still making them just can't sell them cause no computer chips so prices jacked up like crazy!!
Milk has gone up so much here in calif. Cant believe they are still dumping milk.

Milk has gone up so much here in calif. Cant believe they are still dumping milk.
Not at no where near the volume it was being dumped at the beginning of covid. Not sure how bad Cali was but NY had to have been billions of gallons dumped back then.
Packaging materials is still the prob.
Not everything yet 'firing on all cylinders' over a year later.
Milk products prices going up here also.
Two reasons, one, lots of printed money just print it and give it away , inflation on all products up, more $$$
And two dairy plants contract for their milk so if they turn it away, can't process it because of lack of packaging materials they still pay for it, the milk.
Someone pays for 'free money' and someone pays for a companies loss.
We do.

Not at no where near the volume it was being dumped at the beginning of covid. Not sure how bad Cali was but NY had to have been billions of gallons dumped back then.
Packaging materials is still the prob.
Not everything yet 'firing on all cylinders' over a year later.
Milk products prices going up here also.
Two reasons, one, lots of printed money just print it and give it away , inflation on all products up, more $$$
And two dairy plants contract for their milk so if they turn it away, can't process it because of lack of packaging materials they still pay for it, the milk.
Someone pays for 'free money' and someone pays for a companies loss.
We do.
Yep, thats what most people don’t understand. No such thing as a free ride. Someone has to pay. United state tax payers. Myself included

Just something historical I like to share. The story behind the first vaccine from dr Jenner and the first anti-vaxers (from an article in NRC in the Netherlands).:

Take smallpox, a terrible disease for centuries and a leading cause of death in children. Doctors had no idea what to do. But rural British doctor Edward Jenner noticed something: milkmaids were less likely to get smallpox. He suspected that the girls came into contact with 'organisms' - viruses had not yet been discovered - through the cow's udders - which caused cowpox. Would these organisms protect them from true smallpox?

In 1796 he started an experiment. Jenner cut the skin of his gardener's eight-year-old son and inoculated him with the pus from a cow's pox pimple. The boy had mild symptoms. Six weeks later, Jenner gave him a shot of "true" smallpox. The boy did not get sick. The cowpox inoculation had made him resistant. Jenner sent an article about his finding to the Royal Academy. He got it back with the comment that he shouldn't jeopardize his reputation with baseless cow cures.

We don't blame the royal academics: Jenner's find defies imagination. A doctor who deliberately sickens a child to protect him from illness? That pus from sick cows plopped into an innocent child's arm? That's beastly. Unnatural. The world's first vaccine went against all intuition.

The anti-vaxers came soon too. In 1805, physician William Rowley published a vicious pamphlet. He also came up with strange stories. For example, he knew someone who had developed a cow's head after vaccination, another had started to moo and there was one who started walking on all fours. Later, there were more grumpy demonstrations in which a straw doll that Dr. Jenner was supposed to represent was set on fire.

Jenner imperturbably campaigned for his idea and delivered one of the greatest breakthroughs in medicine. It would be another two centuries before the disease was completely overcome.

Just something historical I like to share. The story behind the first vaccine from dr Jenner and the first anti-vaxers (from an article in NRC in the Netherlands).:

The anti-vaxers came soon too. In 1805, physician William Rowley published a vicious pamphlet. He also came up with strange stories. For example, he knew someone who had developed a cow's head after vaccination, another had started to moo and there was one who started walking on all fours. Later, there were more grumpy demonstrations in which a straw doll that Dr. Jenner was supposed to represent was set on fire.
Some things never change. I wonder if folks became magnetized too.

Back
Top Bottom