Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Covid has been mainly affecting my life with supply chain issues. I’m living my life as normal as possible but I can’t help all the issues caused by it.
But I did stay home from church because of a cough (never would do that) because I didn’t want the few Covid afraid glaring.
with the vaccine and the therapeutics there is no reason except hysteria why we are still shuttering our society over this.
just my thoughts.

hope your all well!

Long term would be nice but short and mid term would do. Efficacy, at least, should show up in the death rates. It isn't.

In the meantime, how can we not have a titer level determined yet? We keep hearing natural immunity might not last very long. Ok. So far, less than 1% have gotten it again, so it doesn't seem to be wearing off very fast most of the time. We could tell with no risk of any kind to anyone via titers.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2103916

But aren’t you vaccinated?
Yeah but doesn't really matter much. Just betters your odds.
Not sure what work will do as far as quarantine. Months ago I heard if you were fully vaccinated no quarantine but now that we know you can get carry and spread covid when vaccinated I think they should consider vaccinated spreaders because they are.
Waiting till we get official test before calling work I have sun-tue off anyway.
40% of positive cases in our county right now were vaccinated.
Guy from work died was vaccinated.
Colin Powell just died of covid was vaccinated.

Colin Powell was 84 years old, so at a much higher risk anyway, and maybe also other comorbidities? And 84 doesn't seem all that far away any more...
Same thought crossed my mind. Article I read said he died of complications related to c-19. Made me wonder if, at his age, any respiratory infection (flu, pneumonia) wouldn’t have had the same result.

I agree with you — 84 doesn’t sound as old to me as it used to.

A few years ago, DH and I, both vaccinated, caught influenza. First time ever after vaccinations, BTW. I was unwell for a couple of days, he was in the hospital for a week, because he has other major health issues.
As we get 'more mature', stuff piles up, and risks increase. Not that being younger makes anyone invincible, although many folks seem to think so.
Mary

Same thought crossed my mind. Article I read said he died of complications related to c-19. Made me wonder if, at his age, any respiratory infection (flu, pneumonia) wouldn’t have had the same result.

I agree with you — 84 doesn’t sound as old to me as it used to.
I wonder if he got a booster shot.

Went out this afternoon bow hunting.
Turkey season?

"Your staying outside you can pitch a tent"
Uh oh. Hope the home test is just a false positive.

Long term would be nice but short and mid term would do. Efficacy, at least, should show up in the death rates. It isn't.
Seems to me like the death rates do show efficacy. At least in Vermont, with our very high vaccination rate, the unvaccinated are much more likely to be hospitalized, go to the ICU or die. With 80% of age eligible people being vaccinated if the vaccine wasn't efficacious the vaccinated should be 80% of the hospitalized/ICU/dead and that isn't the case at all.

I assume that was for @saysfaa 'cause I don't understand it at all!!

Colin Powell just died of covid was vaccinated.
That is sad. Yep, 84 isn't young but not as far off as it used to be!
I found this, it would surely make him more likely to be more seriously affected:
"Powell had multiple myeloma, according to NBC News. It is a type of blood cancer that hurts the body’s ability to fight infections."

CNBC article

I liked Powell, unfortunately he believed the wrong people in 2003. Pretty much did him in.

Turkey season?

Uh oh. Hope the home test is just a false positive.

Seems to me like the death rates do show efficacy. At least in Vermont, with our very high vaccination rate, the unvaccinated are much more likely to be hospitalized, go to the ICU or die. With 80% of age eligible people being vaccinated if the vaccine wasn't efficacious the vaccinated should be 80% of the hospitalized/ICU/dead and that isn't the case at all.

I assume that was for @saysfaa 'cause I don't understand it at all!!

That is sad. Yep, 84 isn't young but not as far off as it used to be!
I found this, it would surely make him more likely to be more seriously affected:
"Powell had multiple myeloma, according to NBC News. It is a type of blood cancer that hurts the body’s ability to fight infections."

CNBC article

I liked Powell, unfortunately he believed the wrong people in 2003. Pretty much did him in.
Yes that was for @saysfaa . they were asking about the efficacy rate in terms of tites. Its all greek to me as well but I didnt even know what that word meant. Actually thought it was a misspelling. I googled it and that came up.

https://news.yahoo.com/colin-powell...ficacy-of-coronavirus-vaccines-173102331.html

Screenshot_20211018-133811.png

Back
Top Bottom