Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

We just had an earthquake here a couple of hours ago. Well, 3 hours now. Epicenter was at Williamsville MO, about 15-20 miles from me, 4.0 on the Richter scale, they said on the news. Was felt as far north as St Louis, as far south as Memphis! We heard a rumble that lasted about 15 seconds and then the bed jumped. We were watching TV. The cat sleeping between us jumped up and looked around, clearly disgruntled, and one of the dogs paced restlessly about throughout. No damage has been reported.

I need to figure out what to do with the dogs DH left me. One is not adoptable, a 13 year old Fila Brasileiro. She just lays and whines. She was DH's pride and joy. She was shown to her international championship. A 6 year old rat terrier, very keen, and loves to hunt and a 9 year old chihuahua both neutered males.
There's more but, one is 20 years old and a couple I'm keeping come hell or high water.

Quitting's tough. Advice to non-smokers: DON'T START. not even vaping. Nicotine may well be most addictive substance known to man. In my ignorant opinion.
My husband has CPD and during one of our meetings with his lung DR. we were discussing quitting smoking and he told us that what ever we do "Do not start vapping!" He said that is far worse then smoking. I told him my son vaped and he told me to tell him to smoke real cigarettes if he was going to continue to smoke.

We just had an earthquake here a couple of hours ago. Well, 3 hours now. Epicenter was at Williamsville MO, about 15-20 miles from me, 4.0 on the Richter scale, they said on the news. Was felt as far north as St Louis, as far south as Memphis! We heard a rumble that lasted about 15 seconds and then the bed jumped. We were watching TV. The cat sleeping between us jumped up and looked around, clearly disgruntled, and one of the dogs paced restlessly about throughout. No damage has been reported.
We had an earthquake here once. It was in either 2009 or 2008. Dont really remember. My roommate at the time felt it but I was fast asleep. I didnt notice it at all.

I need to figure out what to do with the dogs DH left me. One is not adoptable, a 13 year old Fila Brasileiro. She just lays and whines. She was DH's pride and joy. She was shown to her international championship. A 6 year old rat terrier, very keen, and loves to hunt and a 9 year old chihuahua both neutered males.
There's more but, one is 20 years old and a couple I'm keeping come hell or high water.
Sounds like theyre all elderly dogs. They would be hard to adopt out. You might be able to find a charitable organization to take them to that specifically cares for elderly dogs.

Edit: maybe some of these are near you:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dogtim...n-profit-sanctuaries-unwanted-senior-dogs/amp

My gosh, that doesn't seem right! I've been delaying getting dental care done since COVID. If I do go to the dentist I'm bringing face shields and handing them out if the staff isn't wearing them!
I went a few weeks ago and they had masks and shields. You could call ahead and ask, I think that’s perfectly reasonable. When I was a kid the dentist did all the work with bare hands! I remember thinking that was gross!

In the interest of getting back to the Covid discussion: I had a root canal yesterday. They charged me a PPE fee so I figured theyd be all dolled up with face shields and the like. Nope! All they had on were disposable masks. And they were IN MY MOUTH. I want my 35 dollar PPE charge back.:rant
PPE charges are at the discretion of the office/provider. The dental community has been wearing PPE routinely during direct patients care for 40 years mainly as courtesy and protection from BBP.
Unfortunately, the pandemic significantly increased our per patient costs and decreased availability and quality of the same PPE. Many offices also incurred additional equipment costs to continue care at the same volume and level of perceived safety as they were seeing previously. Increased costs among all businesses are passed on the the “consumer” in one way or another.

My gosh, that doesn't seem right! I've been delaying getting dental care done since COVID. If I do go to the dentist I'm bringing face shields and handing them out if the staff isn't wearing them!
Believe me, the dentist/staff are way more at risk from you than you are from them

Back
Top Bottom