Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

In the interest of getting back to the Covid discussion: I had a root canal yesterday. They charged me a PPE fee so I figured theyd be all dolled up with face shields and the like. Nope! All they had on were disposable masks. And they were IN MY MOUTH. I want my 35 dollar PPE charge back.:rant
most dentists have installed something like this in each exam room since the pandemic to deal with aerosols that come up out of a patients mouth.

https://myairdaddy.com/products/air...MIi9_0wYKj9AIV6HZvBB0bew5-EAQYBCABEgKEzPD_BwE

your PPE fee helps them cover these and other costs.

If they're bending over my open wound (an extraction) it seems like gravity is in their favor, not mine. Face shields, please!
I honestly dont care but I do know that I dont want to be charged for a service I did not receive. Especially since dentists work masks and gloves before the pandemic and I wasnt charged then. I could buy a whole box of disposable masks for 50 cents right now.

I honestly dont care but I do know that I dont want to be charged for a service I did not receive. Especially since dentists work masks and gloves before the pandemic and I wasnt charged then. I could buy a whole box of disposable masks for 50 cents right now.
it seems like you’re choosing to ignore my responses for some reason.

the PPE charges cover much more than masks and face shields.

Like what?
off the top of my head, im gonna say new equipment, more stringent sanitization practices, increased insurance premiums, and probably staffing. not to mention a historic demand for medical equipment since supply chains have been absolutely gutted
It should be part of standard operating procedure. Raise their prices but don’t call it a PPE fee. This stuff should already be in place.
people complain no matter how a business decides to raise their prices. no one is ever happy

if they raise their prices and don’t tell you why, people are pissed about the “price increase out of nowhere” and when they tell you what extra costs they’re incurring and why your cost has gone up, then people complain that the thing they’re paying for is stupid.

just curious, do you own a business?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom