Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

We've never gone out for our anniversary so Covid hasn't affected mine and hubbys relationship. The only thing it really affected was our wedding. For our anniversary we always get out some steaks from the freezer and he grills them. I make a nice salad and we have dinner candle lit and soft piano music plays on youtube. Its simple but its nice. We do the same thing for valentines as well. The restaurants are always too crowded and you have to wait hours for your meal
And the meal is usually crappy.

And the meal is usually crappy.
Dont forget overpriced!

I have to share this story because the DH has a really nasty habit of ticking me off on purpose and then making up for it 100 percent.

My husband is a Scrooge. Every year he waits to shop on christmas eve. Last year I shopped ahead to help him out and bought gifts for everyone except myself...because, well...I peek. Kinda have to peek to buy a gift for yourself. He waited until christmas eve to go buy me a gift. I was so furious at him. This year Ive made a point that we need to shop early because of the supply chain issues. I took him out on monday and had him drop me off at kohls so he could shop for me. I asked him when he picked me up how it went. "Oh Ive just been sitting in the parking lot waiting for you". Oh dear Lord, I thought, not again. Hubby came home from work today and I told him that Im almost done shopping for christmas.
"Well, I dont want to torture you anymore. But you didnt even see it."
There under the tree was a poorly wrapped gift for me. It took him 3 days to come off it. Hes such a jerk :lau

Dont forget overpriced!

I have to share this story because the DH has a really nasty habit of ticking me off on purpose and then making up for it 100 percent.

My husband is a Scrooge. Every year he waits to shop on christmas eve. Last year I shopped ahead to help him out and bought gifts for everyone except myself...because, well...I peek. Kinda have to peek to buy a gift for yourself. He waited until christmas eve to go buy me a gift. I was so furious at him. This year Ive made a point that we need to shop early because of the supply chain issues. I took him out on monday and had him drop me off at kohls so he could shop for me. I asked him when he picked me up how it went. "Oh Ive just been sitting in the parking lot waiting for you". Oh dear Lord, I thought, not again. Hubby came home from work today and I told him that Im almost done shopping for christmas.
"Well, I dont want to torture you anymore. But you didnt even see it."
There under the tree was a poorly wrapped gift for me. It took him 3 days to come off it. Hes such a jerk :lau
Hilarious story! Glad you shared :lau

Finished my xmas shopping today. I dont know if anyone else had noticed this but I've had some very rude/underqualified customer service lately. I asked the guy at bass pro for help buying ammo for my in law and he just showed me where it was on the shelves. 3 times at different stores I asked for a gift receipt and didnt get one and 2 times at different stores I asked for a bag and was ignored. My cashier at best buy got annoyed at me for not understanding what she said as she mumbled behind her mask to the point she yelled at me "are you a member of our rewards program?" Idk if these people are just overworked or if these are the people that wouldnt normally qualify but are just a body but customer service is absolutely terrible right now

Finished my xmas shopping today. I dont know if anyone else had noticed this but I've had some very rude/underqualified customer service lately. I asked the guy at bass pro for help buying ammo for my in law and he just showed me where it was on the shelves. 3 times at different stores I asked for a gift receipt and didnt get one and 2 times at different stores I asked for a bag and was ignored. My cashier at best buy got annoyed at me for not understanding what she said as she mumbled behind her mask to the point she yelled at me "are you a member of our rewards program?" Idk if these people are just overworked or if these are the people that wouldnt normally qualify but are just a body but customer service is absolutely terrible right now
They’re probably overworked beyond overworked. I’ve got friends in the service industry and they said it’s hell

They’re probably overworked beyond overworked. I’ve got friends in the service industry and they said it’s hell
I worked in the service industry before covid and it already was hell. People are rude and obnoxious and treat you like dirt. Thats why I make if a point to not complain and only ask help when needed. I also try to be polite as possible. I know the job sucks dealing with people being stupid and or ignorant but its part of the job

You’re not wrong. I have experienced the same thing. It is hard and thankless work, but that is never an excuse for bad behavior. I worked in the service industry for sixteen years. We should never make our bad day someone else’s problem. You never know what someone is going through, so patience and kindness on both sides of the counter are the best policy, no matter the circumstance. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I hope things will get better.

You never know what someone is going through, so patience and kindness on both sides of the counter are the best policy, no matter the circumstance.
I have often defused a cranky service persons bad mood by just acknowledging it.
A kind, "rough day, huh?" can turn things around.

Back
Top Bottom