Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Except w/o support and an EUA from the gov't, a business can't mandate a medical device.
Speaking of medical devices you'd be shocked at the hoops you need to jump through to get a diaphragm. They used to be a common placed thing in a woman's medicine cabinet but I had to fight for one with my gyno. I didnt want an IUD and I couldn't have BC because of my blood pressure

Speaking of medical devices you'd be shocked at the hoops you need to jump through to get a diaphragm. They used to be a common placed thing in a woman's medicine cabinet but I had to fight for one with my gyno. I didnt want an IUD and I couldn't have BC because of my blood pressure
Didn't know they still made those.

That to me just presents more questions rather than answers. "When antibiotics are used for things other than bacterial infections, like the flu, or not taken as the doctor prescribed (e.g., stopping taking the antibiotics earlier than the intended full course of treatment), they will become less effective for future bacterial infections and possibly acquire resistance genes."https://www.medbroadcast.com/channel/infection/overview/superbugs-what-are-they-and-how-are-they-formed#:~:text=What is concerning is that,many different antibiotics, a superbug.
When Covid hits hard the body is weakened and may allow bacterial infections to occur. This is why antibiotics are often given. (Like a lot of medicine the counter intuitive quirks are the most interesting.)
But your right that inappropriate use of ABX is a crisis. I tell people on discharge. "If you are having discomfort or feel you are better and don't need the antibiotics, TAKE THEM ANYWAY, and call your doctor." ABXs will start killing the weaker bugs and if you stop too soon you leave the strongest to reproduce. Now you need something Stronger.

I just heard that travel to the US from Europe has been suspended except from Great Britain. This also includes all trade.
What have you experienced, and are you experiencing shortages in your area? Have you been sick, or do you have friends or family that are?
Italy has closed commerce except for pharmacies and food stores.

AN EDIT FROM ADMIN:

A quick important reminder:

We require all our members to remain civil, friendly, and respectful in ALL their public interactions. If we notice you are breaking this rule (to which you agreed when signing up for BYC), we'll need to issue a warning and even potentially remove your access to our community.

POLITICS:
Do not discuss politics in this thread. In general, we discourage political discussions because they so often go south. Because this thread is already a sensitive topic and moving so quickly, we need to initiate a ZERO-POLITICS rule.

Please make sure you understand this before continuing in this thread.

Thanks to all those that are participating in a friendly and supportive way during these crazy unprecedented times.
my friends and family got sick, some of my family members including my uncle passed. And i had to postpone many trips of visiting family. thats why im always carrying hand sani and wet wipes. Its awful and insane how fast it can spread. Im not looking for any sympathy, just want you all to be careful and not take it for granted! Lots of love.

When Covid hits hard the body is weakened and may allow bacterial infections to occur. This is why antibiotics are often given. (Like a lot of medicine the counter intuitive quirks are the most interesting.)
But your right that inappropriate use of ABX is a crisis. I tell people on discharge. "If you are having discomfort or feel you are better and don't need the antibiotics, TAKE THEM ANYWAY, and call your doctor." ABXs will start killing the weaker bugs and if you stop too soon you leave the strongest to reproduce. Now you need something Stronger.
Sometomes people think that they are feeling better so the antibiotic is no longer needed. But just because you are feeling better doesn't mean that the illness is still in your body trying to survive

What they neglect to tell you is that your resistance drops for 2 weeks after a jab.
I'm not giving medical advice but if her fever rises to 103, and you don't give Tylenol or Ibuprophen, I would start giving cool baths. Don't let her stay above 103, I would head to the ER. (That's too hot for an adult.) I would go anyway if she doesn't turn around in a day or two or starts having breathing problems. Get a second opinion if need be.
(What shot is she getting if I may be so nosey?)
We both got Madera

Back
Top Bottom