Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

An update on the last two of my associates through sport that have contracted Covid. Jesse died today - what a loss. He was a kind uplifting man who I always looked forward to seeing and talking to. Raymond is apparently Covid free but has 'Covid Heart' arrythmia that they have been unable to control so far. SUCKS!
I'm so sorry for your loss.

download-1.png
Screenshot_20220130-073349_Samsung Internet.jpg

"So how has Covid affected my daily life?" We've social distanced, we've masked, we've been vaccinated and boosted. We've applied basic animal husbandry tactics to our lifestyle. We are back to seeing family, judiciously eating at restaurants - we've even been going to movies and plays in venues applying common sense constraints. So far so good. Not so much as a common cold in the past 2 years. For someone with hermit tendencies it's not so bad. The Princess is far more social than me, but she is doing okay.

My last two associates with Covid - Jesse is dead and Ray has Afib that they have been unable to control. Ironically I think back to a field trial almost a year ago. Ray asked me why I was wearing a mask in a crowded clubhouse. When I replied, "Out of respect for others." he became irate. Screaming at me that the virus was a hoax and Fauci was a fraud and that one day I would have to admit this to him. I bit my tongue as he and Jesse were judging the field trial - coincidentally my dogs did not do well. I don't see the need for admitting anything to him. I just feel a profound sadness. Especially over Jesse's death.

Common sense, respect, minding your own business rather than that of others. Where has all of that gone? Covid has brought the best and worst of human nature into the open.

"So how has Covid affected my daily life?" We've social distanced, we've masked, we've been vaccinated and boosted. We've applied basic animal husbandry tactics to our lifestyle. We are back to seeing family, judiciously eating at restaurants - we've even been going to movies and plays in venues applying common sense constraints. So far so good. Not so much as a common cold in the past 2 years. For someone with hermit tendencies it's not so bad. The Princess is far more social than me, but she is doing okay.

My last two associates with Covid - Jesse is dead and Ray has Afib that they have been unable to control. Ironically I think back to a field trial almost a year ago. Ray asked me why I was wearing a mask in a crowded clubhouse. When I replied, "Out of respect for others." he became irate. Screaming at me that the virus was a hoax and Fauci was a fraud and that one day I would have to admit this to him. I bit my tongue as he and Jesse were judging the field trial - coincidentally my dogs did not do well. I don't see the need for admitting anything to him. I just feel a profound sadness. Especially over Jesse's death.

Common sense, respect, minding your own business rather than that of others. Where has all of that gone? Covid has brought the best and worst of human nature into the open.
With all due respect I wouldn't put too much faith in the vaccine. Both my sister and brother in law have/had covid and they had all 3 vaccines

With all due respect I wouldn't put too much faith in the vaccine. Both my sister and brother in law have/had covid and they had all 3 vaccines
It's all about common sense and personal experience. Unquestionably vaccinated people can get Covid. My grandson, granddaughter and her fiance - all vaccinated but not boostered got Covid. Future 'grandson in law' was sick for 3 days, all lost sense of taste and smell, but impact was basically minimal. Daughter and SIL vaccinated and boostered did not get sick. The five people I personally know who have died from Covid all were not vaccinated. Way back when this started I told the Princess that it was most likely an uncontrollable disease given the nature of Coronaviruses. That did not rule out the possibility that the disease might be mitigated. Hopefully variants will continue to attenuate.

Back
Top Bottom