Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

"It's been that way forever" is a poor rebuttal. Dying before the age of 40 was the norm before several major breakthroughs in health and nutrition. Not flying was the norm for millions of years too, up until a smidgen over 100 years ago. That particular argument is an argument against any kind of quality improvement process.

There's what is probably either a rhinovirus or adenovirus going around my kid's school called the "snot monster". I'd rather not hock that all over the produce when I'm shopping. Wearing a mask reduces the likelihood of that happening.

Also, wearing chemical/fume PPE for particulate filtration is silly. Sure, it works, but it's unnecessarily expensive, like ordering top shelf liquor in a mixed drink.

Last edited:
"It's been that way forever" is a poor rebuttal. Dying before the age of 40 was the norm before several major breakthroughs in health and nutrition. Not flying was the norm for millions of years too, up until a smidgen over 100 years ago. That particular argument is an argument against any kind of quality improvement process.

There's what is probably either a rhinovirus or adenovirus going around my kid's school called the "snot monster". I'd rather not hock that all over the produce when I'm shopping. Wearing a mask reduces the likelihood of that happening.

Also, wearing chemical/fume PPE for particulate filtration is silly. Sure, it works, but it's unnecessarily expensive, like ordering top shelf liquor in a mixed drink.
Except that the lockdowns were counter indicated by the REAL science. The vaccines did not work as promised. In fact, most of the people sick now have been vaccinated. I have been sick 6 months from the vaccines. (I was deathly ill a month before I tested positive for covid and 4 months afterwards). Research shows NO difference in mask use (surgical or N95) or not wearing one at all..
More people may have died from postponed diagnostics than covid. People minipulated and terrified of going to a doctor.
While I appreciate you not letting your kids blow their nose on peoples food, feel free to wear a mask if you want. It is a proud symbol of subserviance and shame since time inmemorial.
Just the opinion of a 23 year critical care / Covid RN and medical history researcher.

Last edited:
I've never experienced a water shortage. But then again I don't choose to live in a desert. I can agree that home insurance is expensive in Florida. My father was concerned when the hurricane went through because his rates were gonna go up. But other than that his only complaint has been that it's cold...it's like 55 :smack . Woke up this morning here and it was 15.
You don’t have to experience it for it to exist. There are huge companies bottling water all over the US and selling it to you. Those aquifers and spring’s don’t have bottomless sources of water. EVERYONE needs to be conscientious about their water use, desert or no.

You don’t have to experience it for it to exist. There are huge companies bottling water all over the US and selling it to you. Those aquifers and spring’s don’t have bottomless sources of water. EVERYONE needs to be conscientious about their water use, desert or no.
I only use bottled water when the power goes out. I have well water. Because the earth is mostly water you can find it in the ground. I've never ever been concerned about my water usage other than when the power goes out. Fresh water falls from the sky so if you're that concerned about it collect your rain water...like springs do.

Yea ppe is silly. That's why they use it in hospitals. They're just being silly. :gig

I only use bottled water when the power goes out. I have well water. Because the earth is mostly water you can find it in the ground. I've never ever been concerned about my water usage other than when the power goes out. Fresh water falls from the sky so if you're that concerned about it collect your rain water...like springs do.
you are at the mercy of the big businesses of wrecking your well, be it by draining the ground water or by fracking and shattering the geologic structure.
Rainwater is good - if it rains.
I remember a few years ago, there was no rain from june/july through november. And we are living in the moisture highway from the gulf north.
I mean, it sprinkled, but not enough to even get the soil wet.

you are at the mercy of the big businesses of wrecking your well, be it by draining the ground water or by fracking and shattering the geologic structure.
Rainwater is good - if it rains.
I remember a few years ago, there was no rain from june/july through november. And we are living in the moisture highway from the gulf north.
I mean, it sprinkled, but not enough to even get the soil wet.
Aren't we all at their mercy? Regardless of the water. I'm surrounded by the great lakes so not concerned

Nice of you to be concerned for future generations. Hurray for you, piss on everyone else. Got it.

Nice of you to be concerned for future generations. Hurray for you, piss on everyone else. Got it.
If I was to be concerned for people many many years from now I'd go insane. I am ONE person. I don't frack. I don't drain natural resources. Big business does that. It's not that I don't care it's that I can't control it. I do what I can but I'm an insignificant little speck on this giant blueberry in the middle of the universe which is but a speck in the grandness of infinite space. No one person can fix greed.

Aren't we all at their mercy? Regardless of the water. I'm surrounded by the great lakes so not concerned
I'm not too far from you in n IL. Used to be 2 springs on the property. They went dry along with my uncle's well when the Joliet park district started pumping for the golf course. Joliet is saying they are going to run the aquifer dry in a couple decades because of the business needing water.

Back
Top Bottom