Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Just a heads up to everyone if you want the vax or want to have tests on hand do it now. The president is set to end the COVID public emergency status in May. This will make the vax no longer free and exponentially raise the cost of testing.

Just relaying information; not pushing vaccinations. At any rate it's looking like the vax is going to be like the flu vax in which it's a "we don't know what strains will be so let's just shoot it with a shotgun" approach.
This year or last year?

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/11/bid...gency-as-omicron-xbbpoint1point5-spreads.html

"The Biden administration has extended the Covid-19 public health emergency as a highly transmissible omicron subvariant stokes concern that the nation may face another wave of hospitalizations from the disease this winter.

The U.S. has renewed the Covid public health emergency every 90 days since January 2020...."
Yea that thing. Anyways just heard it on the news that it's not going to be renewed as of may. Grain of salt

On 60 Minutes he said covid was over last Sept.
Again, he's not saying COVID is over. He's removing the public health emergency mandate. That means no more free testing or vaccines. I'm aware he said COVID was over last year. I'm also aware that he can't climb stairs and shakes hands with ghosts.

Edit:. Reread that and it seemed rude. I was trying to include what I said earlier in this page when I said the pres said that last year but I can never remember how to do the multiquote

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the cynicism; I think it is different this time. Either way, it is good to know what to expect when it happens. Thank you for the heads up
Just relaying the info. They were saying on the news tonight that when they remove the mandate the price of the shots and testing would be covered mostly by insurance...but not everyone has insurance.

At any rate I appreciate the cynicism. Just don't shoot the messenger :thumbsup .

Back
Top Bottom