coryza/Mycoplasma gallisepticum/ or eye infection

šŸ‘‡ I would try this. Also try removing the pus.
I have started with the eye cream, can I give tylon and corrid at the same time? I will keep trying to remove it, unfortunately I do not have another set of hands here until next week that can help me with a wiggling bird but I will keep trying!
Thank you!

I have started with the eye cream, can I give tylon and corrid at the same time? I will keep trying to remove it, unfortunately I do not have another set of hands here until next week that can help me with a wiggling bird but I will keep trying!
Thank you!
If it's mycoplasma then you can't remove the "puss" as it's not that. Just swelling. My girls looked like they had puss also but it wasn't. It went away as the swelling went down. IF it is mycoplasma you'll have to decide what to do. They will be carriers for life and you'll never be able to sell/give away chicks or hatching eggs. You'll be able to breed but every hatch will be born as carriers. Mycoplasma is also contagious so.you can easily give it to your other birds just by handling these ones then handling the others.

If it's mycoplasma then you can't remove the "puss" as it's not that. Just swelling. My girls looked like they had puss also but it wasn't. It went away as the swelling went down. IF it is mycoplasma you'll have to decide what to do. They will be carriers for life and you'll never be able to sell/give away chicks or hatching eggs. You'll be able to breed but every hatch will be born as carriers. Mycoplasma is also contagious so.you can easily give it to your other birds just by handling these ones then handling the others.
They only way to find out for sure is to test for it correct? Do you know of any places that have a mail in test? I don't have a poultry vet near me at all.

Thank you!

I got this out! Its spongy and doesn't really come apart, it's not hard or moist feeling. Does that rule out any of them? Does that solidify any? I'm waiting for a call back on prices for testing from that website.
20210804_200105.jpg
20210804_200049.jpg

Looks like chicken pus which is like a cheesy, semi-soft material.
Good job on getting that out
Thank you! Definitely was not easy!!!! I can see more but the area under the lid was getting way too deep red for my liking so I will try again tomorrow! I did manage to get some ointment right on the spot without touching the tube to the nasty stuff or the eye!

Could this still be coryza or mg? I have never dealt with those so I am unsure if they cause only ocular swelling or if they also have this chicken pus.
Thank you so much for the help!

Yes, it could still be respiratory illness. You don't mention a bad/foul odor about the chick, so just a guess by the symptoms and photos, I would lean toward Mycoplasma.
Without testing, it's just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom