Cost of Vet?

cornfedhogedito

Songster
5 Years
Mar 23, 2014
California USA
Please move if not in the right place.

found a Vet that sees poultry. They charge $10 for making an appointment and $50 for an exam of the bird. THEN depending on what they suspect is wrong work you up a price to test, x-ray mri and treat!

Does this sound normal? I have never taken a chicken to the vet before, heck my dogs and cats have never been either. Yes they get vaccinated by me.

Anyway, just seems steep for a chicken. heck I could get 8 more to replace that 1 bird for that price.

Thanks

Please move if not in the right place.

found a Vet that sees poultry. They charge $10 for making an appointment and $50 for an exam of the bird. THEN depending on what they suspect is wrong work you up a price to test, x-ray mri and treat!

Does this sound normal? I have never taken a chicken to the vet before, heck my dogs and cats have never been either. Yes they get vaccinated by me.

Anyway, just seems steep for a chicken. heck I could get 8 more to replace that 1 bird for that price.

Thanks

That sounds about right, though the $10 to make an appointment is kind of strange, but I think you will find that most office visits are $50-$70. Blood tests and x-rays are very expensive, but fecal floats and gram stains are more reasonable.

-Kathy

Shop around... The fist vet I saw was $65 for an office visit and exam for 1 bird. Next one I saw was $45 for 1-2 birds or $68 for 3-4 birds.

What state do you live in?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom