cotton patch geese

We currently have approx. 40 goslings. 24 have deposits, the rest are available. We also have a new batch of 8 growning eggs in the incubator and on goose still setting.

Is there a Cotton Patch Goose thread on BYC? We just aquired our first trio and would like to follow along with others that have them :) Thanks!

Is there a Cotton Patch Goose thread on BYC? We just aquired our first trio and would like to follow along with others that have them :) Thanks!
Hi Kiwi. Welcome. well, this is about it for Cottonpatches. Not a very active thread, but we´d all love to see your cottonpatch babies. Some of us on these threads have pilgrims and shetlands and West of England, which as you probably know are also auto-sexing, and I have some here which are auto-sexing, not quite cottonpatch, not quite pilgrim...and I picked up a couple of geese which I believe to be auto-sexing, but they´re saddlebacks, so this year I´ll breed them with my quto-sexing ganders to see what results. Why not join us on the Goslings 2014 thread. we´re all potty about gozzies, all the breeds. Got pics of your gozzies?

I have a male and female cotton patch. Male 2 yrs old female just over a year. She has been a prolific layer this spring. I currently have 16 in the incubator. Today was the first time Ive heard a peep. Ive decided to stop turning them and to keep warm awter misting any advice. Never hated in an incubator before but her first clutch all did not hatch. We had really weird weather I think that's what did it. over 90's in the day and down to low 40's at night. I was trying to let her sit on them but alas ended up buying an incubator and started that route. But again never hatched them before. Any advise??

There's a Facebook group that's active, PM me for an invite. We'd love to have more members :)

Thanks Aurora Springs! I think I am already a member (Annie Pulzone with Blonde Dog Farm) and have learned a TON of information from the people there. It has been a delightful group to be a part of, I look forward to getting to know everyone on there better.

I am absolutely shocked at how much I love my goslings. Prior to getting them I had a strong bias against geese due to only having poor experiences with them in the past, and swore I would never have them (only reason I even started looking at them was for flock protection for my ducks and chickens after some terrible Eagle losses). Once I started researching breeds I fell in love with the Cotton Patch breed due to owners reports of their gentle demeanor, great parenting habits and the rarity of the breed (I also think they are just beautiful :) ), though the plan to have them as flock protectors has failed since they are not an aggressive breed (which is fine with me). That being said I went in to the purchase with low temperament expectations, but our trio are just the most curious, sweet and adorable group I have ever met!

I am looking forward to watching them grow, develop and hatch goslings in the future.

Hi Kiwi. Welcome. well, this is about it for Cottonpatches. Not a very active thread, but we´d all love to see your cottonpatch babies. Some of us on these threads have pilgrims and shetlands and West of England, which as you probably know are also auto-sexing, and I have some here which are auto-sexing, not quite cottonpatch, not quite pilgrim...and I picked up a couple of geese which I believe to be auto-sexing, but they´re saddlebacks, so this year I´ll breed them with my quto-sexing ganders to see what results. Why not join us on the Goslings 2014 thread. we´re all potty about gozzies, all the breeds. Got pics of your gozzies?

I will have to head on over to the thread, thanks livininbrazil :)

Here are some links to our FB page, lots of pics and videos of the trio. I am in love, never thought that would happen. Such wonderful birds!

https://www.facebook.com/BlondeDogFarm

I will have to head on over to the thread, thanks livininbrazil :)

Here are some links to our FB page, lots of pics and videos of the trio. I am in love, never thought that would happen. Such wonderful birds!

https://www.facebook.com/BlondeDogFarm
They´re so winning, aren´t they? My auto-sexings, whatever breed they are, are so gentle and quiet compared to my cross-breds. See you on the other thread, maybe!
big_smile.png

How's the hatch jynxster? There is a waterfowl hatching guide in a sticky thread on the geese section. I've had good results by following that. My first clutch died this year as well. The temp spikes we have been having have killed many of my silky and goose eggs.

I am reading this with great interest. I have some questions about CPG's. Do they get along well with chickens and can they live in the same coop/run and back yard? Are they noisy? I currently have some Pekin ducks that will go to freezer camp next week and they NEVER shutup! They also NEVER sleep and quack-whack-quack all night. They don't sleep at night like a chicken. So I know geese honk, but do CPG's have a quieter, calmer personality than these darn ducks? LOL

Do they pair up for life? Will a trio of geese mate and be happy? Thanks for your help and replies.

PasoFinoFarm, I only live an hour from you! I might have to come see you!

Back
Top Bottom