Coturnix Quail Color Question

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Orange Ribbon, Nov 2, 2011.

1. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    [​IMG] Color talk! [​IMG]
    Now I don't have to feel like I'm bugging Quaillady to death with questions, if it's done as a group! [​IMG]

Let the Rainbow begin! [​IMG]

I too am very interested in learning colors !! [​IMG] (pretend it's a quail! LOL )

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    My quail just started laying today, and I got three eggs. All my colors are together so far. I heard there is a recessive lethal in one of the colors, is that right?

3. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    Quote:x2

4. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Quote:x2

X3.275 Trillion!

I would really love to see this "autumn amber" thingamajig.

5. navasima

navasima Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    [​IMG]

6. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Quaillady told me that this roo is an "Autumn Amber" about a month ago when i sent her some pics.
    it's not the best pic. i will see if i have any that are clearer and post later.

The quail section here on BYC is VERY willing to talk quail...we may not always appreciate what someone has to say( ex: moby quail or quail and chickens topics...LOL) but the folks here are quick to share their experiences and opinions .God bless them all! [​IMG]

Lethal gene is generally found in some of the golds.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  7. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I have males but Shelleyd2008 has my female [​IMG]
    I did not name the mutation. It was created in Prague with no name and then named in Maine [​IMG]
    Lineage and history is important for every color and line you get whether quail or chicken or ducks.

I will post photos of the roux diluted italian males (Autumn Ambers) asap

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:There you go folks! Martha posted it!!!! [​IMG] that's a male! Woot! I will post some too Martha if that's ok with you? [​IMG] I have some stock from Martha and our beloved buttercup <3 and soon a female from Shelleyd2008 along with a few other prettiest to work with.

I shall be back!

9. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    [​IMG]

10. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:There you go folks! Martha posted it!!!! [​IMG] that's a male! Woot! I will post some too Martha if that's ok with you? [​IMG] I have some stock from Martha and our beloved buttercup <3 and soon a female from Shelleyd2008 along with a few other prettiest to work with.

I shall be back!

OF COURSE it's okay with me ...sheeeeeeeesh! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by