1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coturnix Quail Color Question

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Orange Ribbon, Nov 2, 2011.

1. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    [​IMG] Color talk! [​IMG]
    Now I don't have to feel like I'm bugging Quaillady to death with questions, if it's done as a group! [​IMG]

Let the Rainbow begin! [​IMG]

I too am very interested in learning colors !! [​IMG] (pretend it's a quail! LOL )

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    My quail just started laying today, and I got three eggs. All my colors are together so far. I heard there is a recessive lethal in one of the colors, is that right?

3. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    Quote:x2

4. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Quote:x2

X3.275 Trillion!

I would really love to see this "autumn amber" thingamajig.

5. navasima

navasima Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    [​IMG]

6. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Quaillady told me that this roo is an "Autumn Amber" about a month ago when i sent her some pics.
    it's not the best pic. i will see if i have any that are clearer and post later.

The quail section here on BYC is VERY willing to talk quail...we may not always appreciate what someone has to say( ex: moby quail or quail and chickens topics...LOL) but the folks here are quick to share their experiences and opinions .God bless them all! [​IMG]

Lethal gene is generally found in some of the golds.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  7. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I have males but Shelleyd2008 has my female [​IMG]
    I did not name the mutation. It was created in Prague with no name and then named in Maine [​IMG]
    Lineage and history is important for every color and line you get whether quail or chicken or ducks.

I will post photos of the roux diluted italian males (Autumn Ambers) asap

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:There you go folks! Martha posted it!!!! [​IMG] that's a male! Woot! I will post some too Martha if that's ok with you? [​IMG] I have some stock from Martha and our beloved buttercup <3 and soon a female from Shelleyd2008 along with a few other prettiest to work with.

I shall be back!

9. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    [​IMG]

10. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:There you go folks! Martha posted it!!!! [​IMG] that's a male! Woot! I will post some too Martha if that's ok with you? [​IMG] I have some stock from Martha and our beloved buttercup <3 and soon a female from Shelleyd2008 along with a few other prettiest to work with.

I shall be back!

OF COURSE it's okay with me ...sheeeeeeeesh! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by