Coughing and sneezing hen

Beloved Turkey

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
I have a hen who has been coughing and sneezing, and sometimes her eyes will get crusty. She is too old to lay, but she does eat and drink normally and is not lethargic. How can I treat her? Her vent seems to be bulging out a little

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 3
She might be dealing with MG, and she could have an egg or lash egg causing her to bulge. Is her lower belly enlarged, firm or spongy? I would give her a human calcium citrate tablet with vitamin D to see if she can push out the obstruction. You can stick a finger into her vent to feel for an egg.

Clean her eye with saline and apply some Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin twice a day.

She might be dealing with MG, and she could have an egg or lash egg causing her to bulge. Is her lower belly enlarged, firm or spongy? I would give her a human calcium citrate tablet with vitamin D to see if she can push out the obstruction. You can stick a finger into her vent to feel for an egg.

Clean her eye with saline and apply some Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin twice a day.
Her belly is not enlarged, I’m not home right now but when i am I’ll feel it again and check her out

And this is what her pooo has been looking like over the last day or two

Attachments

• 1F100C8A-BDA8-479F-A1D6-C33B5E99960D.jpeg
    1F100C8A-BDA8-479F-A1D6-C33B5E99960D.jpeg
    862.9 KB · Views: 1
She’s a rescue so I don’t know for sure but I’ve had her for a few years so she’s over four years old and stoped laying soon after we got her. Idk if it has to do anything but as soon as we got her and her sisters there was a pandemic that everybody had and got half of our flock, and she’s the only one of our red chickens left, her sisters also seem to have had lots of health issues before they died.

Back
Top Bottom