coughing chuck

debramr1

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 9, 2013
my chicken seems to have developed a cough....any ideas..the others are fine but shes coughing...shes running and scratting alright and seems brill in herself other than the cough..any ideas would be greatly appreciated..thanks

she might be getting a respiratory illness. keep an eye out for ANY other symptoms. how is her breathing? any sound when she breathes? any mucus present? if any other symptoms develop I would start to treat her for respiratory. I use Tylan50 it works great for respiratory illness. dose is 1/4 cc for small birds and 1/2 cc for small birds given once daily for 5 days in the breast muscle. (chick dose is one tenth of a cc given orally or back of neck for 5 days] so keep an eye on her and if she worsens or has any other symptoms I would begin treatment at that point. for now watch her closely .hope this helps. if you do need to treat and she worsens you can get tylan50 at the feed store along with a syringe. many poultry owners including myself successfully treat with tylan. hope this is helpful. best wishes

thank you...she is looking like she is getting better....her 'cough' has almost gone...been keeping a good eye on her...thanks for your advice..x

Back
Top Bottom