coughing drake

Lindsy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 5, 2011
Hi everyone
My khaki campbell drake seems to be developing abit of a coughing sound. Any ideas about what it might be and what to do about it? He is mature and the only duck with this noise (the two ladies are fine) plus I have 1 roo and 4 chicken hens.

thanks

It could be a number of things. Anything minor for a slight irritation to something like gapeworm. Does he have discharge from his eyes or nostrils? Is he eating, drinking and preening himself? Acting different?

ditto Nebraskagirl, I would put ACV in their water and once a week add some vitamin-electrolyte-probiotic mix to their water.

I learned this from you Amiga
thumbsup.gif

Just keep an eye on him and try the ACV and keep us updated.

Hi I have a question about my drakes they seem to have a weird sneeze they sit up sneeze then it sounds like a whistle and grunt, but only my boys do it the ducks are fine. can anyone help

Thanks x

Hi I have a question about my drakes they seem to have a weird sneeze they sit up sneeze then it sounds like a whistle and grunt, but only my boys do it the ducks are fine. can anyone help

Thanks x
What breed and how old and what other symptoms. Try putting some Apple Cider Vinegar in their water to wash their nares out, ACV is very good at cleaning out bacteria. and it could be dust from the feed too. 1-2 Tab of ACV to 1 gallon water

Welcome to BYC...

sometimes when members post on an old thread that has many posts it gets over looked. Not intentionally though. When a new member has a question try posting a new thread it will get noticed quicker.
smile.png

Ok thanks. they are young birds and they are silver appleyards no other symptoms just the sneeze, I will try that and see how they get on thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom