Could these ducks cross breed?

Thanks been trying to find a Muscovy girl for him, got him as a ducking he was sold to me as roune, but he is bigger and can't fly not really sure about his breed now. I also have set of Saxony but I keep them separate. Have you had good luck with cross breeds? What kind do you have?

He most definitely is a Rouen. I have Rouen, Blue Swedish, Black and White Magpie, White Pekin, Khaki Campbell, Fawn and White Runner, Black Runner, Snowy Mallard, and I'm trying Buff Pekin. I haven't tried crossbreeding yet, as I'm going on that journey this year with my Rouen drake, but many people have crossbred ducks with great success!

Great info thanks & roune breed type. I'll have to do some more research on rounes. I got him at a farm in willow Alaska. we are way up North. all the breeds in your flock are really beautiful. do you keep them all together or do you keep them separate? I'm pondering this myself I just got a set of Saxony to beautiful to pass up, and I'm not sure if I want to keep them separate. And to keep them Pure or let them in with the rest of my flock. if I could also get your advice on this I'd appreciate it Thanks ;)

Great info thanks & roune breed type. I'll have to do some more research on rounes. I got him at a farm in willow Alaska. we are way up North. all the breeds in your flock are really beautiful. do you keep them all together or do you keep them separate? I'm pondering this myself I just got a set of Saxony to beautiful to pass up, and I'm not sure if I want to keep them separate. And to keep them Pure or let them in with the rest of my flock. if I could also get your advice on this I'd appreciate it Thanks ;)

I absolutely keep all of my ducks together. That choice is your decision to make, to keep them pure or let them in. Whatever it is, I'm sure your animals will be beautiful either way, as crossbreeds can be better than regular breeds at times.

thanks so much for the great advice I'm probably going to integrate I'm slowly my new mail is a smidge bigger than the one that I've had and I don't want them to start fighting my Blue Swede is been acting like she's about to go Brodie theres 7 eggs in her nest I'm very excited

Hi can a Blue Swede female cross with a Muscovy?

It looks like you've already determined that your duck isn't a muscovy, but I'll answer this for you just in case you need it in the future :) Yes, they can breed and produce offspring. But, they are two separate species. A blue swede is a mallard derived duck, and a muscovy is a completely different species. So, like a horse and donkey, they can produce offspring since they are closely enough related, but like a mule, the offspring will also be infertile. They are often called mule ducks for this reason.

Thanks good info looks like I have some studying to do about species of different duck breeds,for my 1 roune, 1 swede & saxony's set

Back
Top Bottom