Countdown To Eggs! For June hatches šŸ˜Š

Hereā€™s a few pics!
FBCM & Welsummer
View attachment 3241662
Buff Orp, Faverolles, Sussex, and in the back an Easter Egger and Blue Marans.
View attachment 3241670
I also have an OE, Amaraucana, and Light Brahma. šŸ˜Š The birds I hatched in June plus the rest of the chick order are all at the family farm, couldnā€™t take a chance with any roos.
Did these all come from MMcM?

Not what you want to see first thing in the morning. It stuck around for about 10 minutes. Flying from one side of the coop to the other. At one point it was even hopping around on the ground peeking under the tarped area.

Iā€™ve been letting the chicks out daily but now Iā€™m even more predator paranoid.

Plus a pic from yesterday. Theyā€™re so happy when they free range. All birds are from June or July ā€˜22. View attachment 3243855View attachment 3243856View attachment 3243857View attachment 3243871View attachment 3243873

Darn hawks!! I totally get being more paranoid! I've twice now had a hawk just fly straight through the area where my chickens free-range, thankfully without stopping. I don't know if it has a nest somewhere nearby and that's just its path through to it or what, but it's freaking me and the birds out! I don't free-range my breeder silkied Cochins, so they at least are safe, but I still don't want to lose any of my mixed pet flock to a hawk!

Darn hawks!! I totally get being more paranoid! I've twice now had a hawk just fly straight through the area where my chickens free-range, thankfully without stopping. I don't know if it has a nest somewhere nearby and that's just its path through to it or what, but it's freaking me and the birds out! I don't free-range my breeder silkied Cochins, so they at least are safe, but I still don't want to lose any of my mixed pet flock to a hawk!
Get a great pyrenees! They will keep em away!

Iā€™m still waiting for my Easter hatches to lay now yā€™all got me thinking ahead to my June babies too šŸ˜‚ imma be a crazy mess stalking all of them waiting for eggs šŸ˜‚

I think my Easter weekend hatched leghorn is getting close though. Iā€™ve seen her, a Whiting True Green hatched on Easter & my April 1st Brahma checking out the nest boxes.

Iā€™m still waiting for my Easter hatches to lay now yā€™all got me thinking ahead to my June babies too šŸ˜‚ imma be a crazy mess stalking all of them waiting for eggs šŸ˜‚

I think my Easter weekend hatched leghorn is getting close though. Iā€™ve seen her, a Whiting True Green hatched on Easter & my April 1st Brahma checking out the nest boxes.
Ooh they will probably be any day! Make sure you post pics! šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom