Couple Pullets for ID Help Please (Feathered)

BaaKaaawk

Coopster
13 Years
Apr 4, 2011
Lexington, KY
Updated with Identified Breeds, thank you!

I get a chuckle out of trying to help other people ID chicks, I have these 3 "assorted rare breeds" from Meyer I got with some others and trying to figure out who they are. One I am pretty confident on the first one (cream legbar) but the other 2 I have no idea... even after scouring their site.

#1 Pretty certain this is a Cream Legbar (which sell for $25, so what a deal in the $4 assorted!) - ID'd as a Cream Legbar
IMG_0668.jpg
IMG_0667.jpg

#2 No clue on this one, I think it is a bantam. Closest thing I could find on their site was maybe the Bantam Welsummer? - ID'd as a Bantam EE Cockerel.
IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0676.jpg

#3 Also no clue on this one. The white chest is throwing me off as there is nothing on their site that looks remotely like this. - ID'd as a Speckled Sussex.
IMG_0670.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg

#4 Last Minute Add because the green feet also throw me off since it's not an EE... lol. Same age as others although a hair bigger. Thank you. (ID'd, likely a Lakeshore or a Green Queen)

IMG_0681.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg

Last edited:
I get a chuckle out of trying to help other people ID chicks, I have these 3 "assorted rare breeds" from Meyer I got with some others and trying to figure out who they are. One I am pretty confident on the first one (cream legbar) but the other 2 I have no idea... even after scouring their site.

Pretty certain this is a Cream Legbar (which sell for $25, so what a deal in the $4 assorted!)
View attachment 2816603View attachment 2816604

No clue on this one, I think it is a bantam. Closest thing I could find on their site was maybe the Bantam Welsummer?
View attachment 2816607View attachment 2816608

Also no clue on this one. The white chest is throwing me off as there is nothing on their site that looks remotely like this.
View attachment 2816610View attachment 2816611https
First: CCLB pullet or Partridge OE pullet.
Second: male Bantam Easter Egger
third: speckled Sussex pullet

Last edited:
Cream Legbar, Welsummer, Speckled Sussex
No. The second bird is a bantam EE cockerel. He had a male pattern and a bright red pea comb.

Thank you both. We'll see how that #2 develops (there is an EE Bantam on their site and I got a "meal maker chick" so very possible it is this one).

I thought the #3 was a SS as well... but I have 2 others and they are much redder and don't have white chests... so that is why I was unsure.

Thank you both. We'll see how that #2 develops (there is an EE Bantam on their site and I got a "meal maker chick" so very possible it is this one).

I thought the #3 was a SS as well... but I have 2 others and they are much redder and don't have white chests... so that is why I was unsure.
they are all speckled differently, some are redder, others are whiter

Sorry I should have put that in there- He's the same age as the other two, you can see from my wife's hand he's considerably smaller. And lol you already have me calling "him" a he.
He’s definitely male. The black chest, splotchy back, yellow hackles and red comb say so for sure. He’s adorable though.

Back
Top Bottom