%$#^#!!!! Coyote!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Amadeusb12

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
New York
So mad I could spit! A coyote came into the yard in broad daylight and grabbed one of our hens. She had gone back to the coop to lay, or get a drink and wham.

Now I am on a mission....this coyote has gotta go. They brought down a fullsize doe last week, our rooster was taken a month ago....this is becoming a mess.
B

yes, there are a few
roll.png

We can't trap= we have dogs and yotes are pretty smart to snares and traps.

We'll try scent and call to lure them in and shoot them. There is no other way. They will keep coming back...grrrr

B

If you have the right kind of dog it will keep the coyotes away. Coyotes are opportunists. If they can get an easy meal they will. We have LOTS of coyotes but no losses to them because of the dogs. I do wish they would get the peacocks but they can't catch them either. We are overrun with peafowl and they eat my flowers.

I lost two small dogs in my yard in the afternoon. I was even in my yard yelling at the coyote, but it did not help. It just picked up my dog and jumped back over the 5 ft block wall.

This time of year the coyotes have half grown pups, so they are working very hard to keep them fed. That's why they are out during the day. The best call right now is a pup in distress call, if they are close yhey'll come in running.

We have coyote's all over I hear them at night. I have never seen one I have never noitce any thing trying to get in the coop. The chicks free range during they day. I do not know what I would do if they started to come in between the chickens, dogs, and cats I could loose a lot.

Back
Top Bottom