Coyotes attack 6 year old in Rye NY. 2nd Child in Rye Attacked

NYboy

Songster
10 Years
Nov 12, 2009
White plains
Coyotes attacked a 6 year old girl playing in her front yard. 2 coyotes bit a 6 year old several times. Luckily the girls mother was in their side yard and heard the attack. She chased them off her daughter. The girl had bites to her head, neck, shoulders and legs. Police have not been able to locate the coyotes. Tue night another child was attacked in their backyard!

Last edited:
Ouchers, I hope the little girl heals up quickly.I feel bad for her, prob has to go thru all those rabies shots
sad.png

I am curious to see if they do catch the coyotes if they dont infact turn out to be CoyDogs... It is soo rare for coyotes to attack a human....

I agree with coopcrazy, coyotes usually only will attack when cornered, they want to get away from humans. If coyotes attack a human they are usually sick (i.e. rabid) or there are way too many and they are starving. They may also have become used to humans and there is no hunting pressure, sounds like they need to have some hunters come in and thin the packs.

Coyotes, will attack anything they consider food, a young child would be a distinct possibility.

Never under estimate any member of the canine family.

Poor kid! Imagine all she is going to have to go through physically, mentally and emotionally to deal with this! They definitely need a gun on hand and watch for those b------- again.

Back
Top Bottom