Cracked egg to check fertility.. please help!

lucysducks11

Songster
Apr 9, 2016
I ordered some duckling eggs off of eBay, so far none of the eggs appear to be fertile, I have not yet decided to stop incubation even though I feel it's a wasted effort. I did crack one of the eggs open today to confirm my suspicions and saw a white ring on the yolk, which only confused me more! Was this a fertile egg gone bad? Please someone weigh in!!!

I have had them incubating for a couple of days. I got 6 eggs off eBay and now I can't get any response from the seller. I still have 5 incubating the one above was cracked upon arrival so I figured maybe the yolk would tell me if this was a good batch..idk I have not seen any pictures that could indicate that this was fertile:(

I have absolutely no idea when the eggs were laid, so I have no idea how long they were out before incubation. It took them 3 days to get to me. I can't get in touch with the seller at this point so I'm continuing to incubate the untracked eggs despite my gut feeling.

This egg was candled yesterday and I saw that spot, which is much bigger today, this is the only egg that shows promise, I assumed if all the eggs are incubating at the exact same time they would all look the same when candeling. Idk anymore.. thanks for helping

Eggs do not start growing until they are put under heat, so the three days in transit would have no effect on when you saw veins.

The one you cracked looked like it at least was alive at some point. Please wait until they have been in the incubator under heat for at least seven days before making any further move to open any.

Last edited:
Wait, hold on a sec, I'm confused... Was the egg in the picture cracked all the way open before it was put in the incubator?

Or did it have a little crack and was just now opened?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom