Cracked Egg?

UPDATE: We are on day 13, only about 1 more week to go.
ya.gif
I have not done any more candling of any eggs, trying trying to leave them alone other than turning.
The cracked egg is still dry, does not smell and has not changed since, so we are still leaving it in there. It looks bad, but I think its color spots from the melted birthday candle, because it hasn't changed at all.

80702_day12.jpg

One More Week!!
wee.gif

blessings,

deborah

Quote:
What kind of light are you using now to candle? I read an earlier thread that said Walmart has a super bright LED flashlight which worked awesome in candling Black Copper Maran eggs which are chocolate colored. Perhaps look for something like that?!?

mmaddie's mom :

Sweet little cracked eggy... will you call it Humpty Dumpty?
tongue.png

Just might!!
gig.gif
OF course, I've been prepping the kids with 'it could have been a dud egg all along' We can't expect them all to hatch'
Trying to be low key optimistic.
th.gif

Today is day 14!!. . . I can hardly wait, so I've been lurking on here [byc] and watching the EMU cam, as if I don't have anything better to do.
hide.gif

deborah
love all the smileys
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have a desk lamp with a movable neck, so I can turn it flat up. It has one of those curly light bulbs in it. I set a piece of cardboard w/ hole on top and set the eggs on it. The white and light brown eggs worked fine. And we could see developing embryos. I have not tried to candle all 18 eggs, so not sure at what point it doesn't work. [various shades of brown, white and green/blue]. The green/blue also seem to be very thick shelled. When I was obsessing over the cracked egg, I tried to use a little l.e.d flashlight that I thought was strong. but nothing. So, then I tried the spot light for the disco ball in my son's room [long story] and I thought I saw a dark mass on one side and an air sac on the top/side [off center] but the room was not as dark as the bathroom I usually use. And I don't really know what I'm doing,
hmm.png
So, I just decided not to keep trying because I might hurt it further. We get what we get. . .

blessings,

deborah

I've got one candling egg photo on my byc page. We made little short movies of them moving around too, but I don't know how to upload them here.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Not sure if we'll do this again though. . .
hide.gif

blessings,

deborah

Hey Deborah --

How are things going? You should be coming up on hatch time, right?

I actually found this thread looking for encouragement for my own cracked egg -- so I haven't had the
pop.gif
suspense of the last two weeks. But now I'm really interested to see how your hatch went, especially this little one. Please send an update if/when you can!

Quote:
Thanks for thinking of him!
love.gif
Look for his own thread! Coming soon.
caf.gif
Since today was day 21, I figure the rest will do their stuff tomorrow. . .
Prayers and
hugs.gif
for both of our cracked eggs!

tomorrow I will update my blog as well. too tired to try right now. [in siggy]

blessings,

deborah

Back
Top Bottom