Crafters- What are you making???

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by nccatnip, Nov 4, 2007.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I hesitated to post a pic as it has lost some nail heads through the years...always meant to replace them! Plus it is dirty...sorry.
    [​IMG]
    I also have my dh cut me some logs and skim the bottoms so they will sit flat on a table, then he drills as many holes in them as I want so I can fit candles in them. I then decorate with a hot glue gun, all those cheap Christmas sprigs...holly, pine cones, etc. on them. If I am feeling ambitious then I whip us some melted parafin wax until it forms peaks and dollop it on for snow and sprinkle with glitter. Add miniature animals...chickens would be nice? ha ha Ribbon can be added, or anything your imagination comes up with. Logs are about 12 inches long but can be made longer for bigger tables...just play around with it.
    The wooden spoon in the picture, to the left, can be easily made...have them paint whatever on it and varnish. Put a hook in the top. Moms will love it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  2. tarka

tarka Hatching

Nov 4, 2007
    That looks great [​IMG]

Im making a new leather dog collar for my Italian Greyhound and another lead , he has a few [​IMG]

3. BlueDevilGirl67

BlueDevilGirl67 In the Brooder

Aug 30, 2007
    Central NC
    I am not doing anything this year but last year we made baskets for everyone on our list including teachers. The one that we made for my boss had a bottle of his favorite wine in it and it was the biggest because he has a family of 5. The baskets had rice krispie treats,cookies,fudge, different kinds of bread, pickles, apple butter, sparkling grape juice and candy. We bought some Christmas fabric and decorated the baskets with them. My boss told me it was the best gift that his family had recieved because they knew it came from the heart.

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    BlueDevilGirl67

E-mail PM Re: Crafters- What are you making for Christmas???I am not doing anything this year but last year we made baskets for everyone on our list including teachers. The one that we made for my boss had a bottle of his favorite wine in it and it was the biggest because he has a family of 5. The baskets had rice krispie treats,cookies,fudge, different kinds of bread, pickles, apple butter, sparkling grape juice and candy. We bought some Christmas fabric and decorated the baskets with them. My boss told me it was the best gift that his family had recieved because they knew it came from the heart.

Can I come live with you??!!!! Sounds wonderful!!!

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Songster

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I'm using scraps of wool yarn to make felted bowls. I will most likely put something in each, like a jar of jelly or a hand made soap or something. That's the plan. It was the plan last year also and before I knew it, it was January....[​IMG]

6. nccatnip

nccatnip Songster

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Quote:That sounds neat, do you have any pictures? Would love to see them.

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:Can you post pics? sounds so neat!

8. Hotwings

Hotwings Songster

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I make my own Christmas wreathes. I buy the metal wreathes and go out and cut my own pine tree pieces. I have access to blue spruce, white pine and etc. I pick my own pinecones. I wire them on the wreath and decorate with ordamental picks and top it off with a bow. I have made my own centerpieces too. I take a container and line it with a plastic bag and use that type of wet foam that florists use and put in pine cuttings and picks and the such. The wreathes take alot of time. Each year I get alittle better at them.

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Those things sell for a fortune Hotwings!! You could have alittle side job there, not doubt they would sell. [​IMG]

10. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Songster

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:That sounds neat, do you have any pictures? Would love to see them.

Okay, I think I created a page and put a picture on it. [​IMG]
    The pattern I use is from the book "OneSKein". They're pretty fast and easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: