Crafters- What are you making???

Pics
I'm not really crazy about sewing but I did make the kids a twin sized quilt when they were younger using squares I sut from their baby clothes. My daughter's is no where to be found now but we still have my son's and I can remember him wearing most of the clothes the squares are from. I never thought about using just blue jeans! Are you doing any handstitching on it? Good luck!

Well, I'm making those puzzles I post on the buy/sell forum.

Also, making Jam for the customers.

I also turn wooden pen and pencil sets that I sell. They are made out of Bethelhem Olive wood, so the go well at Christmas.

I make those knitting looms that you make the hats and scarf's will, so I sell a lot of those too.

Don't have much to do for my own family so not making too much to give away myself.

Quote:
The directions in the book call for machine felting so it goes into the wash with a pair of old jeans or two, detergent and hot water. When it comes out, I place it around a glass bowl or jar until it's dry. I've made a bunch of different sizes and have always managed to find something that's the right size to use as a form. The bowl is made with two strands of worsted weight wool so it is pretty thick! The sides stay fairly firm.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

"I loved the chicken wire baskets, and I may make a few of them to use as baskets to hold the candles & soap. If the maker of them doesn't mind. "

Mind, heck no Rafter, very flattered, hope they turn out great! I used garden clippers to cut the wire and needle nosed pliers to twist the sharp pieces over and smash them flat. You may be able to use actual hay in yours since you likely have it around with the horses, rather than rafia. Good luck- show a pic. of the finished ones.
smile.png
Darlene

Back
Top Bottom