~~Crazy 24hr Auction~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If you weren't south of me I'd get some, but any time I get eggs that come from the south, they are always messed up beyond belief. It's an internal problem, the boxes usually look perfect when they get here, but hardly, if any, of the eggs hatch.

I've gotten Erik's eggs twice now, and not only does he package them wonderfully, but they hatch great. Even coming from Florida all the way up here to Indiana. I love the chicks that hatched out, and I got fantastic hatch rates both times. First time I got Blue Marans and BCM's from him, and the second time I got Blue Marans and Showgirls. I got 5 of 8 to hatch the second time with the Marans, and 4 of 7 with the Showgirls. With his first batch I got 8 of out of the 15 eggs he sent to hatch, so his hatch rate is terrific and the chicks are so big and healthy. I just love them to pieces. His eggs are worth the risk, they really are.

Quote:
If you weren't south of me I'd get some, but any time I get eggs that come from the south, they are always messed up beyond belief. It's an internal problem, the boxes usually look perfect when they get here, but hardly, if any, of the eggs hatch.

I've gotten Erik's eggs twice now, and not only does he package them wonderfully, but they hatch great. Even coming from Florida all the way up here to Indiana. I love the chicks that hatched out, and I got fantastic hatch rates both times. First time I got Blue Marans and BCM's from him, and the second time I got Blue Marans and Showgirls. I got 5 of 8 to hatch the second time with the Marans, and 4 of 7 with the Showgirls. With his first batch I got 8 of out of the 15 eggs he sent to hatch, so his hatch rate is terrific and the chicks are so big and healthy. I just love them to pieces. His eggs are worth the risk, they really are.

THANK YOU.......SO MUCH FOR THAT......
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Quote:

Hi Shelley! It's me...Shelley!
gig.gif

I usually have the same problem with shipped eggs. But as CCM said, Erik's eggs are well worth the risk. The price is always reasonable and the chicks are just gorgeous. My broodies hatched 6 chicks out of 8 eggs. That's wonderful for shipment from FL to Michigan.
thumbsup.gif

pamperedpoultry - Aw! What a cute little Sizzle! But, the 12++ batch you just posted this morning - you didn't put a price, or an auction link... so I'm just guessing, and using the price from the one that ended this morning - $12 shipping, $3 to start?
smile.png

Winners:

CURRENT OFFERS:
12++ sizzles (post 2473): $12 shipping, $3 to start

BST and BIN section

WE NEED MORE OFFERS

Quote:

That's great for you, but whenever I get eggs that come from the south, even as close as Tennessee, they don't hatch. Eggs from several different breeders, different breeds or species, it doesn't matter. No matter of convincing will change my mind. If I ever get eggs from him, he'll have to move west first
tongue.png

ETA: One example is some pheasant eggs I bought this spring. 8 came from NC, 12 from FL. Out of the 20, 2 hatched and both died. I then got pheasant eggs from UT and OR. Out of 15 eggs shipped (total) 10 hatched and are alive and well at over 3 months old. Sooooo, no redneck (south
tongue.png
) eggs for me
smile.png

ETA again: I'm in KY for those that don't know. I got 16 silkie eggs sent from TN, less than 4 hours' drive away. 2 hatched out of 16. This is typical of eggs that come from the south. It's something to do with the post office that they arrive at? Or the route? I don't know, but it's a waste of money for me.

Last edited:
Quote:
You can post about your experience right here on the board if you'd like. If you have a problem, try to resolve it privately with the shipper first though.
smile.png

shelleyd2008 - I've had problems with eggs that came from down south too. Lots of broken air cells, like the packages were handled more roughly than packages I've had shipped from New England or from out west. Maybe that's just 'cause I'm so far north though.
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
You can post about your experience right here on the board if you'd like. If you have a problem, try to resolve it privately with the shipper first though.
smile.png

shelleyd2008 - I've had problems with eggs that came from down south too. Lots of broken air cells, like the packages were handled more roughly than packages I've had shipped from New England or from out west. Maybe that's just 'cause I'm so far north though.
hmm.png

I've not had good luck with "southern" eggs either. I'm in Central Ky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom