Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Go look for pictures of Pita Pintas USA, or how to cook them.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm

I noticed it was your lol. Theres more pics im sure that are closer to hapless cross but theres so many pics i went with yours and mine

3. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I did a search for Partridge Rock Chicks yesterday and a picture of mine take in my house popped up.

That Canon Elph was a very good choice!

She is a great Hen. She still lays lots of eggs at going on three years old.

4. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    yeah its really funny when they pop up on google searches. Its always weird to see your own chickens on a search

5. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    I felt like i should say im not being mean when i say they look like EE. They are very nice looking birds happless.

6. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I don't think there is anything mean about saying a they look like EEs.

I personally think EEs are great! I have lots of them and love them all.

7. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    I agree

8. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Improved North American Quecha? Several imports of them went to Hatcheries during the last century. They are much more Legit then they are given credit for.

9. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    LOL - No offense was taken or even understood. One could certainly make an argument that since they are a cross from a male blue egg layer breed and a brown egg layer breed then, by definition, they are Easter eggers.

Since the egg color that came from this crossing was such a light green which was unanticipated, I plan to breed them back to another CLB rooster. I would like to see if this will lighten the egg further such that blue or nearly blue eggs would be possible. If further refined, LOL - it could become a red legbar.

Irrespective of this breeding, I now have a formula for light green egg layers. [​IMG]

10. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:you pullets looks orange restricted, so they look different from the CLxRIR hens posted.. the hens posted still show some salmon breast as the second ee you posted.. and second not all EEs are born with wildtype chick, infact I would say most of them hatch like eb than not, but EEs are mongrels, so no color is set

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by