Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HaplessRunner, Sep 18, 2013.

1. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:first one looks e+/eb second one looks eb/eb

2. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I forgot to post a picture of my Hybrids.

Cream Legbar X Crele Penedesenca crossed back to Crele Penedesenca

4 weeks old:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:well they dont look like EEs at all, I mean, how cant you say that if they lack, muffs, pea combs and beards?...

4. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:some of those pullets will have Salmon Breast, I would keep them and maybe create the Salmon breast Penedesencas

5. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:yes Ive seen them in the past thanks, I use them for educational purposes on how would e+ cross with eWh would look like, and what to expect on RIR x Welsumer cross or other wildtype mix

6. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    EE dont have to have any of those traits. By difinition of what a EE is and how the EE thread defines them their definitely EE. id be willing to bet money that all hatchery sold ameraucanas (EE) come with wild type chick down. Its only the pure breed ameraucana that dont have wild type. Ive looked at feed store ameraucana tons of times and hundreds upon hundreds of them all have wild type chick down. All the ones ive seen and bought infact have had it. Im sure everyone whos ever bought ameraucana EE can back me up on that one. If you go to the EE BRAGGERS THREAD and click on see all pictures on the right id also be willing to bet all the chick pics have wild type down. Ill look after i post this

7. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Ok well im wrong only about half of the pics in the ee thread have wild type down. All the hatchery ones ive ever seen do though.

8. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    It is too confusing--There are non standard Ameraucanas that are called EEs and then the ones from hatcheries that are a completely different thing.

9. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  10. farmhand

farmhand Chillin' With My Peeps

We need to come up with a good CL mutt name that separates our birds from EE's. If we all start calling them one thing, it will catch on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by