Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Thank you! Yes, I am definitely planning to cross CCL x Rhodebars. I don't know if it makes a difference as to which breed is the rooster and which breed is the hen, but one way or another I will make this cross this summer if things go as planned. I have a group of mixed laying hens (some Delawares, some Red Stars, and some Black Stars) that I think I'm going to put a CCL roo in with pretty soon also. I will definitely share pictures if/when I get some chicks! I just recently discovered my love of chickens and got my own incubator up and going, so I still have lots to learn. :) I really appreciate this forum for discussions and learning from others' experience!

I dont think it makes a diffrence on which is the roos and hens and they should also stay auto sexing. Im going to try them in with my Norwegian Jearhon.
Thank you! Yes, I am definitely planning to cross CCL x Rhodebars. I don't know if it makes a difference as to which breed is the rooster and which breed is the hen, but one way or another I will make this cross this summer if things go as planned. I have a group of mixed laying hens (some Delawares, some Red Stars, and some Black Stars) that I think I'm going to put a CCL roo in with pretty soon also. I will definitely share pictures if/when I get some chicks! I just recently discovered my love of chickens and got my own incubator up and going, so I still have lots to learn. :) I really appreciate this forum for discussions and learning from others' experience!

In memorium.
hit.gif

I found one of my favorite hybrids down behind a sack of feed around midday while doing another egg check. Apparently she had fallen head first and could not get out. Her body was still warm and loose so she was harvested. While doing the deed, a pretty green egg that she would have laid was saved intact. I will try to hatch this one. She was very friendly and readily perched on my hand and followed me around.

She is the crested CLBxRIR cross in the pictures below:

(sigh) ...

In memorium.
hit.gif

I found one of my favorite hybrids down behind a sack of feed around midday while doing another egg check. Apparently she had fallen head first and could not get out. Her body was still warm and loose so she was harvested. While doing the deed, a pretty green egg that she would have laid was saved intact. I will try to hatch this one. She was very friendly and readily perched on my hand and followed me around.

(sigh) ...

So sorry HaplessRunner
hugs.gif
. I have been hearing of so many unfortunate loses over the past few days. Your hybrids are beautiful and I love the creamy green eggs. If it is fertile who would have sired it?

In memorium.
hit.gif

(sigh) ...

That is sad!

I hope the egg hatches!
I had this happen to one of my chickens behind some haybales. such a shame.
I found one stuck between a wall and a hutch. I was able to get her out in time though.

So sorry HaplessRunner
hugs.gif
. I have been hearing of so many unfortunate loses over the past few days. Your hybrids are beautiful and I love the creamy green eggs. If it is fertile who would have sired it?

If it is fertile and hatches, then the father could be a Swedish flower, a cream legbar, or a CLBxEE cockerel. I just have not had the weather to be able to set up breeding pens. So I have a number of chickens running together.

With the beauty of the CLBxRIR hybrids and their eggs, my intention is produce many more of them with some CLB roosters who have too much red for cream legbar breeding. When crossing with a RIR, you are certainly not worried about red.
tongue.png

Here are a few pics I took of one of my cl hybrids eggs
It is the small pullet sized green egg along with a Barred Rock egg, a Blue Copper Marans egg and an Olive Egger egg.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom