Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Hello, I'm sorry for commenting on an older post but I'm finding it very interesting. So if I cross a Cream Legbar Rooster with Light S

ussex and Silver Sussex hens I would get sex link chicks? Females would be redish and males would be yellow or light? Does anyone have photos of chicks and grown out adult birds of these crosses to post and share? Thanks very much
I don't keep Sussex and have never made this cross, but I know lots of people in the UK with this cross. Here is a Pullet and a Hen. I don't see any photos of the cockerels or chicks.

Black is a strong color . Since your rooster has a Birchen color I predict Birchen looking chicks . Maybe not total . Males will be barred and possibly golden Birchen . That is to say carrying both silver and gold in a Birchen like pattern . Cream should be recessive so 1 copy should show as gold on the males and diluted by 1 copy silver .Females should be black with silver in the neck and possibly the breast ( Birchen ) .

:goodpost:  Sounds like they would be quite pretty.
Hi yes I just saw this, sounds very pretty! Thank you for the in depth response

I don't keep Sussex and have never made this cross, but I know lots of people in the UK with this cross. Here is a Pullet and a Hen. I don't see any photos of the cockerels or chicks.
Pretty color! I have a Legbar cross pullet that is a lighter yellow color like butter. I was hatching randomly so not sure of cross but ill get a pic today.

Pretty color! I have a Legbar cross pullet that is a lighter yellow color like butter. I was hatching randomly so not sure of cross but ill get a pic today.
Oh...I and if you want to see images of chicks you can go to your library and request the book Sex-Links in Poultry by Michael Pease. I am pretty sure that the Lebar x Sussex cross is one that he documented in that publication.

Heres the butter colored Legbar cross. When she first hatched I thought she was a surprise white sport because she was yellow chipmunk striped, but its now evident shes a cross.

Heres the butter colored Legbar cross. When she first hatched I thought she was a surprise white sport because she was yellow chipmunk striped, but its now evident shes a cross.
Looks like dominant white is involved turning her into a sort of Red Pyle color . In Old English game dominant white turns Black Breasted Red into Red Pyle . Dominant white removes black better than red .

Back
Top Bottom