Cream Legbar Roosters?

samandemsmommy

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 14, 2014
Hickory, NC
Just asking because they look so different from each other- I definitely know they are both roosters--- but are they both Cream Legbars?

Last edited:
The first definitely looks CL. The second might be a poor quality one or something else completely.
Sorry I just read the title. Didn't realize you were asking breed vs gender

I'm seeing more of these black and white roosters folks are calling CCL, but my question is....where is the cream part? Granted, they may be "pure" in the fact that their parents all descended from Legbars, but this is one of the problems you get when a breed's popularity skyrockets so fast. When CCL were first imported they were so expensive, a lot of folks got big dollar signs in their eyes and bred whatever they could get their hands on. So, we've got "Legbars" all over that aren't autosexing at hatch, or lay funky colored eggs, or have no crests, or the color is off. Makes me sad cause this was a breed that captured my interest when it was first introduced...

Anyway, he may well be, and for a backyard bird it's not a problem to call him a Legbar. But, if you're breeding, or selling chicks, please please please don't use him.

I was going to breed with my CCL hen--- but I am probably getting rid of this one and keeping the one that is more the real CCL colors in top pic.

Back
Top Bottom