Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    I am totally picturing you with a butterfly net...[​IMG]

I have not seen the clicker training videos. I'll look them up.

All treatments etc are done at night so that it's easy to "pluck" the boys from their roosts. I was thinking I would cage a couple one night and examine them in the AM, sounds like that's a good method. Now baths...I am not looking forward to!

2. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  3. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    I have one- ordered from a different place but same style and size. LOVE LOVE it. The only thing I have been cautioned on is not to use it too often. The hook works because they *think* they are out of your reach and then you snag their leg with the hook. If you overuse it they will learn to stay out of "hook reach."

It is invaluable for quickly catching a bird for sale that you forgot to cage off the roost the night before!

4. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    My chickens are happy enough to see me, but if I try to pet, catch, or hold them? Then they hate me with the burning heat of a thousand white-hot suns.

(Well, except for one Silkie hen. But she's never been normal.)

1 person likes this.
  5. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Actually, as strange as it seems, they are pretty cool about baths...they kind of like them if the water is mellow -- They relax and act like divas at the Spa. First time I bathed the/a rooster was Halloween and he was sweet about it too. I'm sure the more it isn't strange the better they would be. Chickens are better about the baths than the dogs....(Maybe it is a size and strength thing).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  6. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

NO, NO, NO -- they couldn't hate you with the burning heat of a thousand white-hot suns! [​IMG]

7. SullyD

SullyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2013
    Southwest, FL
    Opinions-Does she look old enough to lay?? She is 7.5 months old. Her hatchmate was not available for this photo shoot. I will make arrangements with her manager!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    @SullyD , Definitely. Are you sure she's not hiding eggs?

9. Flaming Chicken

Flaming Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Redmond WA
    She sure is cute! Mine mostly stopped laying about a month ago. My spring pullet is the only one laying right now.

10. SullyD

SullyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2013
    Southwest, FL
    Any chance I have a rogue that lays pink? Other than that, she is in the run most of the day, with some free ranging during the afternoon. I have looked around to some obscure places, but I haven't found any or remnants of any.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by