Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Yes, one person had a beautiful bird that laid a brownish pink egg last year and thought their bird was the Queen of the "Holding Out Egg Club". Could you cage her for a couple of days to see? Best wishes!

2. Chick Swing

Chick Swing Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2013
    Columbia MO
    Hi, I am a new egg at this. I recently bought a small flock of Cream Legbar. I have 5 hens and two roosters. One of the hens dose not have the fancy hair do. Is that normal? I do love them!

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Chick Swing, welcome to the world of CLs... Is there a story you need to tell us about the chicken swing in the picture?

There are some CLs in the USA that lack crests, you can breed forward and establish birds that have crests, if breeding if part of your objectives.

4. Ashdoes

Ashdoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    I also have five hens and two Roos, one of my girls has zero crest, one has a tiny Mohawk looking crest and three have fluffy perfect crests. I don't plan on using the crestless girls due to the lack of crest and color issues. My males don't have the crest like I've seen in some pics, but from what I've read that isn't uncommon. I'm hoping my well crested girls help my future males.

5. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    What ChicKat said.

Also, Love the brooder! Do you have more pics of your set up and the rest of your CLs?

6. KPenley

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    @Chick Swing , Great advice above about cresting. I love your chicken swing too!

7. shotzy007

shotzy007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2013
    Texas
    [​IMG]
    After bragging on Hattie Jo, she gave me a couple day break, this morning, I saw one on the poop bar with a thin shell, but def. blue. I have some 2 month old pullets and they all share Flock Raiser with Oyster shell on the side for the Hens, or maybe perhaps she wanted to "coast for a while" . With a cochin, lavender brahma, buff lace brahma (which is almost a year old and no egg so far), golden lace brahma, copper maran, Isbar, and two Swedish hens, Hattie is the layer! Just tell me what you want sweet girl and it is all yours. Tomorrow, greek yogurt!
    [​IMG]

8. Rancher3535

Rancher3535 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2012
    Idaho, Kuna
    I have been waiting for weeks for my first CL egg. Well it came today. It is a lot darker than the ones I put in the incubator so not sure if it is good color or not. I know the egg size will be larger after a while.
    [​IMG]
    I still haven't figured out how to get a real good and true picture of eggs or even birds.

9. KPenley

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Congratulations on your first egg! They all seem darker when they're small but it looks great!

10. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    [​IMG] Yay for you super exciting and it is very pretty!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by