Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

My guess is CL is the blue one on the left. You do have a nice set of colors there....

Sorry about your rooster...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    x2 Sorry about the wattles [​IMG]

3. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    X2 I agree

I think the CL is on the left, Lav Am in middle and AmXCochin on the right

4. Darkangael

Darkangael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2013
    New Mexico
    That would be lovely. Would give us more relatively local blood while making it easier to bring in something not completely removed from our own stock.

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

The suspense is killing me! Who is laying that pretty blue egg??????????

6. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Lol. Its the ccl in the middle. Pure am on right . Am x cochin on the left

7. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    Im reeally surprised the two look so similar. The pure bred am is more turquoise

8. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Could have fooled me. Oh, looks like you already did...LOL

9. GaryDean26

GaryDean26 Chicken Czar

Dec 22, 2011
    McAlester, OK
    My Coop
    Lonnyandrinda,

The subtitle color are hard to see in photos. I am not sure if many people with be able to see in the photos what you see in the way of color distinction. The questions that keep coming up are telling be that too much is lost due to lighting and what not. :)

I tried to get the best distinction I could and here are the best photos I could capture. I hope that everyone else can see what I see. The gold pullet has a brown body, gold hackle, and red around the head while the Cream Pullets has a gray body (void of any brown), cream (off white) hackles, and no red around the head. They pullets are hatch mates out of the same cockerel.
    [​IMG]
    Top: Gold CLB Pullet, Bottom: Cream CLB Pullet

[​IMG]
    Left: Cream CLB Pullet, Right: Gold CLB Pullet

on another subject, I also thought this photo was instructive. It is a Cream Legbar Pullet next to a Single Combed Light Brown Leghorn Pullet. They are also hatch mates. The Cream Legbar Pullet is from the same cockerel as the two pullets above. The Leghorn is obviously unrelated. The Brown Leghorn shows a lot of red down where the Legbar (who is likely going to be a Gold colored pullet) is a dark color with charcoal black in place of the red areas.

[​IMG]
    Top: Light Brown Leghorn, Bottom: Cream Legbar

[​IMG]
    Left: Brown Leghorn, Right: Cream Legbar

1 person likes this.
  10. GaryDean26

GaryDean26 Chicken Czar

Dec 22, 2011
    McAlester, OK
    My Coop
    Lonnyandrinda,

The subtle color are hard to see in photos. Too much is lost due to lighting and what not. I tried to get the best distinction I could and here are the best photos I could capture. I hope that everyone else can see what I see. :) The gold pullet has a brown body, gold hackle, and red around the head while the Cream Pullets has a gray body (void of any brown), cream (off white) hackles, and no red around the head. The pullets are hatch mates out of the same cockerel.
    [​IMG]
    Top: Gold CLB Pullet, Bottom: Cream CLB Pullet

[​IMG]
    Left: Cream CLB Pullet, Right: Gold CLB Pullet

I also thought this photo was instructive. It is a Cream Legbar Pullet next to a Single Combed Light Brown Leghorn Pullet. They are also hatch mates. The Cream Legbar Pullet is from the same cockerel as the two pullets above, the Leghorn is obviously unrelated. The Brown Leghorn shows a lot of red down where the Legbar (who is likely going to be a Gold colored pullet) is a dark color with charcoal black in place of the red areas.

[​IMG]
    Top: Light Brown Leghorn, Bottom: Cream Legbar

[​IMG]
    Left: Brown Leghorn, Right: Cream Legbar

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by