Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Thanks GaryDean! Those are great comparison photos!

2. DeltaBluezTess

DeltaBluezTess Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Carnation, WA
    My Coop
    GaryDean

Superb photos and side by side so you can actually see the difference!

The pullet comparison is especially nice as the words doesn't quite describe it well enough for me as I am a visual person. By looking at the photos I SEE EXACTLY what is meant now.

thanks for taking the time to do this

Diane

3. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    X3 Thank you for the great pic side by side comparisons Mr. C! These are the same differences I'm seeing. I think I can finally see the difference in 1-2 week old pullets, as the golden girls have more of the brown leghorn look to them versus the cold grays too. I recorded my last hatch on the awesome sheets Chickat, LaBella, and Sherry Gates put out in the last newsletter...can't wait to see if my guesses turn out right!

4. familypendragon

familypendragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay, I have 4 CCLs finally laying!

5. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    VERY EXCITING!!!!! Do you have pics of the eggs. How old are the pullets?

Im getting anxious, my pullets are about 23ish weeks old. They don't looks close to laying age yet though still small pink combs and wattles.

6. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Ice storm:

The chicken yard's poultry netting is stronger than I thought.
    [​IMG]

Lots of trees and branches down; a day later, they're still falling.
    [​IMG]

Two big branches fell on the coop, but the roof still looks sound. All the chickens are fine.

We expect power back in a week.

7. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Woah noramack - you chickens have a real winter wonderland. brrrrrrr. Hope they beat their schedule and you get power sooner. Looks pretty though. glad to hear your coop and chickens are O.k. ---

8. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Anne- my netting looks exactly like that, too! Been that way since Friday. And it's not going to melt off today. :( The real thing that worries me is the portable electric fence is the same- in fact probably 30% of it was flat on the ground. I propped it back up but there is no purpose in hooking the electric up with all that moisture on it. All it does is contain the dogs. Crossing my fingers the coons don't find my chickens before the ice can melt off. I saw racoon tracks down by the creek yesterday. Between the fact they haven't found the chickens yet and we do have two dogs penned with the chickens I'm hoping they won't come near....

9. ChicKat

Congratulations -- how old. Good for them to start in winter!

10. ChicKat

Rinda,
    hope that the racoons never find your chickens. Do you have some live traps you could set for them.. where the dogs won't get the bait? Probably outside your frozen fences. One of our heelers went into the racoon trap for the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Good luck - til you get a thaw.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by