Cream Legbars

Rinda,
hope that the racoons never find your chickens. Do you have some live traps you could set for them.. where the dogs won't get the bait? Probably outside your frozen fences. One of our heelers went into the racoon trap for the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Good luck - til you get a thaw.

Well I have a twin-set of traps we bought at Atwoods (one large one small) but I am hesitant to set them as I have no way as yet to dispose of anything we catch. I guess we could ask a neighbor, they all have guns. Hubby has been lobbying for at least a pellet gun as we know there is a skunk under the house. We are still putting $$ into the old house to get it on the market though so money is tight...

There is a skunk under our house too...and we thought we just had it sealed this summer! If only there were people who actually ATS racoons...they would know how to process them.

Wiki answers says they taste like Wild rabbit.

Surely there are still people who want the pelts and tails . . . ?
edited to add: Just guessing. I wouldn't know how to find them, though.

Last edited:
There is a skunk under our house too...and we thought we just had it sealed this summer! If only there were people who actually ATS racoons...they would know how to process them.

I've actually tried it - it is really good red meat actually. My BF's teen daughter traps them and processes them for meat and pelts. She's pretty dang amazing!

I have had both. Rabbit is better in my opinion.

I have 4 CCL that are laying really good even in this weather. Their fertility has been great. My best one is one I got from Rinda and she started laying early and often.

Back
Top Bottom