Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    My two girls started laying just before Christmas. I am now accumulating eggs for a hatch with 6 eggs in 3 days from these two ladies. Will probably set in the incubator early next week.

2. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Lucky! Mine have stoped laying for the winter

3. Grannychick55

Grannychick55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2013
    We have 3 blue heelers cow dogs they are great with our chickens they guard them and when they get close to the road the herd them just like they do cattle

4. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

We have blue heelers too! They are good with the chickens - but it is more of a peaceful co-existance. In fact, they have been rowdy little rascals lately - and when we put hay out in the pastures they go berserk madly chasing the cattle for the fun of it, and especially the bulls - 30-35 pound dogs, tearing around and actually nipping at the heels of the 2,000 pound bulls. (I should get a video of That!)

Really is some time for serious re-education...they used to be such good cattle dogs, and now they are hooligans to the cattle. So much to do, do little time to do it all in.

5. Grannychick55

Grannychick55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2013
    Well I guess that could happen our youngest is still learning but her mother pretty well takes care when she ignores the stop command. We have the same blood line of heelers for over 25 years and mostly they are very smart and catch on quick or they would not get to stay you cannot have them just chasing cattle or chickens when they want I am afraid my DH would be very upset. They really do herd the chickens just like the cattle without the heeling part.

6. ChicKat

Happy New Year everybody! Wishing all the best in 2014!!

Calling all Cream Legbar aficionados
    a·fi·ci·o·na·do
    əˌfiSH(ē)əˈnädō,əˌfisyə-/
    noun

plural noun: aficionados
    1. 1.
      a person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about an activity, subject, or pastime

Although it doesn't even seem within the realm of possibility, another year is gone already and the Cream Legbar Club has completed it's first entire calendar year. Wow!! It sure went fast.

Thanks to the dedication and hard work of a lot of folks, there has been significant progress for understanding the breed, the history, plans for breeding and a fleeting glimpse of the future. Education and outreach efforts have been great - A shout out to Anne, Emily, Tony, Kestlyn, Maria, Curtis, Elissa and all who have attended shows, had tables WORKED on the newsletter and the handbook - and helped explore and educate people about the breed.

If you are interested in being in the Cream Legbar Club - it's time to renew your membership if you haven't already. If you have enrolled Late, late in 2013, you are on the 2014 mailing list. Endowment members, Honorary members - you have rolled over to 2014. IF you have gotten a welcome letter...you are on the list. Whew. For everyone else interested - there is a link below to a new form on the website....a bit different from last year's. It incorporates both the breeder list info, and the regular enrollment. Tentatively, the first club meeting will be held on February 6th. When you enroll - you could put information about your needs and expectations right on the enrollment form in the comments so the Board of Directors can get input from you.

http://www.creamlegbarclub.com/06-enroll-in-the-cream-legbar-club <-- this link will take you to the enrollment page on the website

Speaking of input...if you have decided to not re-enroll, or if you have decided to divest of Cream Legbars - and wish to send me a PM about the whys and wherefores - simply because you want to contribute to the future well being of the Club and the Cream Legbar Breed, the information can be put to use.

[​IMG]
    Is keeping better records of your chickens one of your New Year's Resolutions? In the Q4 Newsletter and in the Clubhouse - some great forms - tracking your hatches, and in the Clubhouse one for keeping track of EGGS!!! Thanks to Sherry Gates for the research and the construction of hatching forms and to Anne for making them printer friendly with links and available to all of us.

[​IMG]I have this idea for the Club - that I think will be great - Can't wait to present it before the Board of Directors in their January meeting -- Anyone else? Any ideas for 2014 and beyond...send 'em along in your enrollment, re-enrollment or use the 'contact us' on the Website.....

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Ah ChicKat you are tireless for the club.... I have petered out lately but I PROMISE I will log in to the club e-mail tomorrow and start catching up. You are amazing!

8. fintuckyfarms

fintuckyfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2013
    Finley WA

I have a thing 1 and thing 2 also. They are red sex link sisters. Too funny

9. ChicKat

LOL - Less to juggle Rinda - no kids, no TV around here....
    [​IMG]

But, then again you can get Downton Abby right on the computer if you are so inclined..another season starts tonight.

10. Flaming Chicken

Flaming Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Redmond WA

We will be catching Downton probably tomorrow or Tuesday off the computer. Can't wait!. :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by