Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Woohoo happy dance! 6 cream leg bar eggs today! 4 pullets and 2 hens have been laying off and on for the last week but the stacked up today! Interesting that the pullet eggs have a more clear blue color whereas the adult eggs are a smokey/slightly greenish blue. Wonder if I've accidentally selected for bluer egg genes or if the pullet eggs will change over the next week or two. I'd be laying down the Smiley's if my tablet had a smiley option!
  2. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

yay Rinda's flock -- smileys here for ya -- and interesting -- keep on top of the bluer color-- wouldn't it be great if greenish could be left behind?

3. Flaming Chicken

Flaming Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Redmond WA
    I listed an add on craigslist to sell most of my gold birds, I have someone who says they want them , all of them. after posting it for a day. I am a bit stunned and will be really surprised if it works out.
  4. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Oh man. you are so right. My previous CL roo James had an expression that looked absolutely blank. We used to say, "The lights are on, but nobody's home!"
  5. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

6. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    Do you folks have any suggestions for treating frostbite particularly on the wattles and earlobes?

My three cockerels got frostbitten badly during this cold blast. Two of the boys wattles are swollen almost a half inch plus thick. The earlobes on two of these look like they are wearing large pearls with the swelling. The combs were hit pretty hard too but not as concerned for those.

None of my other chickens, hens, pullets or roosters suffered frostbite, just the CCL cockerels.
  7. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012

You could try this thread It has been up on the home page so you may have already read through it.

Im having a problem with 2 of my roosters also a BCM his comb and wattles and my CLs comb look horrible.
  8. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm

It should. Almost every time i post on craigs list a several people call asking to buy them all. They always do. Only once i had to part them out,
  9. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm

Same thing happend to me . They said coconut oil and vetrx. It sounded like the VetRX would help heal better but a lady with burn scars on her arm said in the winter it maid the scars react to the cold. The coconut oil actually maid her arm feel warmer. Only one of my roos wattles swole up like yours but it went down. I had no luck the wattles will shrivel up and fall off like comb points. Its sad but small automatic water cups was recomended so they cant dip there wattles in the water
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  10. Ashdoes

Ashdoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    We had negative temps, and crazy high humidity for a week and all three of my Roos got frost bit combs and wattles. Very swollen for two days or so, then it starts to dry up and the dead spots will fall off soon. Just keep an eye for any oozing, which would be infection, use Neosporin on any of those spots.
    I had zero issues last year with my Cochin boys, but there's not much you can do about 70% humidity and these giant comb and wattles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by