Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. blackbirds13

blackbirds13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    [​IMG] this makes me happy to see. I look forward to seeing what pops up from them. Nice to know I can outsource locally for stock that is related to my own. We may have to talk business later this year. A few of my young girls that grew up with these are also reddening up pretty nicely now. Got 5 eggs one day this week but still slow going. I think the weather is taking it's toll.

2. Laingcroft

Laingcroft Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Just weighed my CLs with the weigh me, weigh me carrying chicken and subtract for the difference method.

Heathcliff (6 months old) weighs 4.10 lbs. He didn't feel as meaty as he did the last time I handled him in November so I think the recent sub-arctic weather beat him up. Either that or he is standing back while the girls eat first. I'm going to monitor him more and perhaps up the protein in their feed. They are in an outdoor run, small shelter and no additional light or heat. The very tips of his comb are white right now but I don't think he'll loose them.

The girls did better and are closer to the proposed standard weights.
    The mature girls (original GFF non-crested) are 5.80 and 5.93 lbs.
    The young hens (Jordan Farms crested) are 4.72 and 5.27 lbs.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  3. Laingcroft

Laingcroft Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    On the bright side, that person is no longer selling CLs around here anymore. It is indeed a small world :)

4. Flaming Chicken

Flaming Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Redmond WA
    I belong to a Washington faceb00k site for chicken enthusiasts. I try there first. This time I resorted to Craigslist and met the buyer at a local feedstore. I am not NPIP so I can't ship out of state.

5. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    You can always advertise on the member page of the Cream Legbar Club too if you're a full member [​IMG]

6. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

We have just discussed a "classifieds" page on the CL Club's website, where Club members can list that nice but excess back up rooster... That incubator that is fine but you got a bigger one - or something that you are looking for... "Wanted: - crest-less CL hen to help reduce the size of over crested-ness" or what have you.. Talking about the classifieds as a very specific item.

So - why not list them everywhere that you can? Local feed store, Craigs List, Buy-sell-trade on BYC etc. You never know where that potential buyer may be looking.......

Laingcroft and blackbirds13 - sounds like it isn't just "buyer beware" but "seller beware" too.

7. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    I would be so mad paying premium prices to get that amount of golds

8. Flaming Chicken

Flaming Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Redmond WA

Impacts my faith in GFF. Probably won't order from them again.

9. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    I hear that Flaming Chicken.

Its been warm durring the day the last two days and its always a joy to have a CL pullet start laying in the winter time. Got my first egg from my crested girl i kept this year. Top left egg . Good girl, haha.

[​IMG]I
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  10. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by