Cream Legbars

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, May 21, 2011.

1. CibolaChooks

CibolaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm

Yeah ill check the chart. It has a bit of a shadow on it so it might be a lil less saturated than it looks.for a first egg im happy. Its the same exact color as the am egg on the left center..the bluest is right center and you can see a green on the bottom right. Usually a blue background pic loses the real colors but this 1 came out really close.

2. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Congrats on the beautiful eggs!

It's been a bit since I shared chick pics. Here is my new baby boy from my Winter project. He's the first light one I've ever had with no red on the front of his head. Dh thinks I should call him Smog since his father is London Fog (son of Rinda's Hugger)...I think we can come up with something better. Hopefully he will grow big and strong with a large straight comb...crested and cream [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    For comparison, here was London as a baby
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  3. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm
    KPenley whats the project. Nice looking chick.

Has anyone noticed in their roosters 2nd year their tails dropping. My boys had some very high tails but after their molt as two year olds the tails have dropped down to a perfect angle

4. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Ditto! I was surprised to see that in my rooster. Crest got messy instead of that neat crest-tassel he used to have. I don't think he's quite finished recresting yet - but tail is now 45-degrees..and I had thought that we wouldn't achieve that. The other change is his breast feathers have become darker to contrast with hackle feathers to a greater degree--but I think we had noted that earlier.

Maybe lower tail angle is a sign of an older rooster. My guy is 2-years old now.

5. KPenley

KPenley Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Nothing fancy, just hatching Dec-March instead of the warm weather March and after. My goal is manageable large straight combs on larger birds. And I'm testing out my version (fermented feed instead of dry) of the Dragon Lady's feed and worming schedule. She has been able to raise larger and stronger chicks from imported stock with winter hatching and aggressive feed/ worming schedules. Hopefully she'll be talking to us at the next CLC meeting!

6. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    That would be fantastic!

7. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Smog is way, way too good of a name to pass up. :)

8. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    could call it Smaug.. but then nobody could pronounce it right

9. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Wow kpenley what a nice colored boy! I'm glad you don't have my luck with sharing boy pictures, I look forward to watching Smag/Smog/baby boy grow up! And its so amazing to know he came from my line!

10. CibolaChooks

Jun 24, 2012
    albuquerque nm

Mine is also around two years old, i think. Haha. Im terrible about remembering that stuff and or writing it down. I read on the cubalas thread that their a breed that can normally have high tails as young birds but around two years of age their tales will drop to the correct angle. I was intrigued by this and was waiting for my boys to finish their two year old molt. Sure enough their tail angles dropped to 45°. Sounds like just like cubalas our CL shouldnt be judged for tail angles till their two years old. In ways this sucks but maybe thats just how CL are too.

My roos are also darker not only in the chest but the saddles necks and shoulder color came in darker at two years old

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by