Cream Legbars

Lol I will just give her to you if you come get it! ;) no I have a rare morning without kids since they went to grandma's house last night so I was in a hurry. Will take a pic of the white later.

Had a first for me today- tiny white pullet egg in the cl pen. One of 3 pullets could be the culprit. Hoping it's a fluke and the eggs just haven't gotten color yet.

Its really strange these last few weeks ive heard allot of white egg reports or hybid crosses having brown eggs not green. This is strange, i dont think the last two years i heard of any off colored eggs except for one time.

Its really strange these last few weeks ive heard allot of white egg reports or hybid crosses having brown eggs not green. This is strange, i dont think the last two years i heard of any off colored eggs except for one time.

I have heard the same thing.....makes me wonder if a visiting rooster hopped the fence. I had a rooster that would fly over a five foot fence , visit and fly back....only knew about this as the spouse was home one day and saw it.....

Haha thats funny. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence i guess

he was a hefty RIR and the fact he would fly over, visit and fly back, was amazing......my breeding pens are set up so no strays/visitors can get in......and if a hen does get bred by a visiting romeo, she goes into solo stall for three weeks....my vet said to wait three weeks before hatching any eggs.....

Black, pink, brown, blue, green, white, orange.

love.gif

so cute! wish I could start hatching but since I will only brood outdoors I have to wait a bit still. So cute Rinda! Good luck with your endeavors!

I don't have a whole lot of time for this BUT I had a huge girl hatch this week and hubby agreed this was the perfect time to band and grow out the variety of girls in the hatch. Got 13 girls, 5 boys, and 1 white girl. Here are my keepers which I HOPE to track weekly and a few notes on each. I really want to track down what is causing the cinnamon tinted boys. I assume it is coming from something in my females since my male has very little autosomal red to him.
Rinda,

This is exactly the type of study that should give us some clues regarding the implications of down color. Good job!

thumbsup.gif

I have heard the same thing.....makes me wonder if a visiting rooster hopped the fence. I had a rooster that would fly over a five foot fence , visit and fly back....only knew about this as the spouse was home one day and saw it.....
well this could be possible except I didn't have any white egg breeds at the time besides one hen. No white egg roosters at all. :-\

Back
Top Bottom