Solved Creating Articles??

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by lunakitty, May 24, 2017.

1. lunakitty

lunakitty In the Brooder

May 24, 2017
    AZ
    I'm a new member of the site (although I've used it for forever now lol) I can't seem to be able to create any articles. I can see tabs for Mark Read, Search Articles, Series, Notable Authors, Your Articles, Watched Content, and New Content. I've clicked on all of them but can't find anything to make one myself.

2. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Songster

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    Hi, :welcome!
    If you go to the top of your screen, and click on the articles button, on the screen it takes you to there will be a "Create Article" button on the top of your screen, to the left of the white bar near the top of the page. Hope this helps!

lunakitty likes this.
  3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Click on the articles button and in the right hand corner there should be a fairly big blue button that says 'create article'. I hope this helps. Oh, and Welcome to BYC!

4. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Songster

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    This is on a computer, I'm not sure if it's different on mobile devices.

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

You may need to click on the left hand side of the articles tab to get to the article section rather than the right hand side which will give you the drop down selection of mark, search, notable etc.

Here is a good link with screenshots for creating an article ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/coop-pages-and-member-pages-tutorial-and-feedback.953810/

If the "create article" box is not visible it maybe that you need a few more posts until the system lets you create one.

lunakitty, casportpony and sumi like this.
  6. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC.

lunakitty likes this.
  7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

New members are limited in what they can do (like creating articles). Please post in the forum a few more times and you'll automatically be able to create articles soon.

lunakitty and KikisGirls like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: