Crele Bantam Cochin Project

I've been working on this project for about 3 years. I'm still not where I want to be but I think the cockerels I produced this year will be helpful in obtaining the color/type that I eventually want to have. Here are some pics taken today of 8 month old cockerels & a pullet. Pics aren't great but you can see pattern & type. By the time they are put in the breeding pen next year they will have improved greatly.

Lynne! They are fabulous! I can't wait to get that far along! IF I ever make it even that far.
Beautiful!
love.gif
You are doing a great job! Keep up the hard work.

Lynne! They are fabulous! I can't wait to get that far along! IF I ever make it even that far.
Beautiful!
love.gif
You are doing a great job! Keep up the hard work.
Gosh, Amy, thanks so much. I wish I could find more hours in the day as I owe YOU & so many others notes/emails. I need more hands & less tasks~! Hope all is well. Love all the pics on FB. I so adore my Mottled's from you. My "Tar Baby" is the sweetest little hen & sooo talkative. I'm also glad I'm finally feeling better (especially now that the weather is cooler) & I can get out with the kids & see who to put with who for the Winter hatching. Love ya xxxoooxxx

Awww! I am just super glad you are feeling better and the weather is cooperating. I know you will send me a note when you have time, no worries.
I always love to see what breeding pens you are setting up and what is hatching so keep us informed. I know this past year was slower for you but hopefully spring will bring great new things to your place!

I have a red rooster in with a black barred hen but I am pretty sure the black will cover up the red. I have some hens that look like brown reds that I may try as I think that is more the way I should go but the crele has to take a backseat to my more focused buff barred and of course, the MFC project so it is much slower.
Never cared for barred birds until I saw the buff barreds and crele. I admired the crele look in the little game birds but never thought about the pattern on a Cochin until I saw one.

Can't wait to see your results, Lynne! I may have to get some from you next year if you have some for sale so I can launch a better breeding program.

Back
Top Bottom